NordVPN is an up-to-day service combining all the current security facilities. This is the main reason why it is the best VPN for the UK. It provides unbreakable double encryption allowing you to browse everywhere without being hacked. Besides, the connection speed is always great as there are many servers in 62 countries. In addition, NordVPN allows you to watch restricted sites making them accessible. It guarantees you being secure enough connecting public hotspots. NordVPN is a great way to keep quiet surfing the Internet.
The significance of VPN services has increased of late. We get to hear about all these snooping done by government agencies all over the world. It’s the same in the UK as well.
Highlights to use A VPN in the UK
|Best VPNs for the UK|
|Private Internet Access||4.6|
There are new sweeping laws in the UK that will give the police and security agencies immense powers to check on anyone’s web browsing history.
What are the reasons for it?
The UK Government is looking to curb the menace of activities that the terrorists and jihadis are trying to do online as it is a very safe haven
for them to communicate.
And what’s the result?
At the end of all this, there are many genuine Internet users who are suffering as their Internet privacy is compromised.
And that’s not actually all…
Apart from this, there are many encryption laws in place in the UK and all this is causing a lot of hardships for UK citizens living abroad to access certain UK websites and streaming channels.
Reasons to use a VPN in the UK
Taking into account the current situation with the internet privacy and other major factors, use a VPN in the UK to:
☄ surf the Internet anonymously;
☄ hide your real location;
☄ connect to any Wi-Fi network safely;
☄ stay secure on the Internet;
☄ unblock social networks;
☄ watch geo-restricted content on Netflix;
☄ watch YouTube and other media resources with maintenance of high speed and bypassing the limitations of your ISP;
☄ play computer games without speed reduction;
☄ order purchases in foreign online stores.
Taking into account all the arguments mentioned above, the only question is which VPN to choose while you are in the UK. You will find the best and fastest UK VPN reviews below and will be able to select the most suitable one.
So, let’s take a look at top 7 VPN services in the UK and their features below.
Just remember this: If you are looking for free VPN for UK, it is always available. You will come across many UK VPN services for free. It’s just that you will not have many premium features.
Help through VPN services
… and we have the answer to it!
There is a growing demand for the VPN services among many British citizens as they are fully aware that these services are the best at hand when it comes to unblocking restrictions on websites imposed by ISPs, landlord, government agencies and restrictions made by certain countries.
But what is the main reason?
The main reason for the popularity of VPN services in the UK is that they will help in unblocking the blocked and censored content. But, with the new stringent laws and the massacre of the digital privacy rights of the UK citizens, it is now becoming increasingly clear that more and more people are looking forward to use VPN services to secure their online activities from getting easily trapped by hackers, government snooping agencies and cyber criminals.
The ‘’world of Virtual Private Network’’ is not new for current users, but…
… if you are a VPN beginner, we have prepared simple guide instructions to be well-aware before using a VPN for the UK. Have a look at the plan below:
- What is a VPN:quick guide for non-techs
- Why people use VPN?
- Assess your VPN needs
- Choosing the VPN service
- Best VPNs for the UK
Now it’s high time to read about them in details.
- What stands for VPN?
A VPN or Virtual Private Network will help in creating a virtual tunnel to safeguard all your data that is sent and received through the private Internet. No matter you are making use of a network that is less secure, the VPN service will create an encrypted connection between your system and their servers that no third party can access.
- What VPN is the most popular?
The remote access VPN is the most commonly used types of VPN service.
- How does VPN work?
The VPN client on your computer or mobile device will connect to the VPN gateway on to the VPN network and help you to access any website as if you are doing it from a local location. This means that you get the option to choose the VPN server; you wish to use to connect to a particular website.
- How can I use a VPN in the UK?
So, if you are a UK citizen living in India and want to access BBC iPlayer content, then you can do it easily by making use of the VPN services that have a host of servers in the UK. All you need is to choose the UK server and you will get instant access to the streaming contents offered by BBC iPlayer, from anywhere in the world.
VPNs were first used to protect the corporate data from being soft targets of ISPs, snoopers, etc. Nowadays, even individuals have started to use VPNs for various reasons.
They may be the following:
- There are many individuals who have started using the VPN services to enjoy 100% Internet security and privacy.
- Some of them are making use of VPN services to protect their data from being easily accessed by snoopers and Internet fraudsters when they are using public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Some people are using VPNs for TV in the UK on their home computers to bypass the ISP and service provider blocks on certain websites like Hulu, ABC Family, Amazon Prime, etc.
No two users will be making use of a VPN service for a particular need. The usage of VPN and its need will be slightly different from people to people. The best way to find the ideal VPN service is…
… to take a stock of what you are looking for before shopping for the best VPN service. This way you will be able to find the most suited VPN services that suit your budget and also serve your needs.
What are the best VPNs? The following are some of the important things you need to take into consideration when choosing a VPN service.
4 main questions to check a VPN service:
#1 How many server locations does it offer?
- The location of the servers and the number of servers in your preferred location, for instance, a VPN with the UK servers. Providing that a VPN service you choose offers several UK-based locations, you will be able to change overloaded server for a speedy one at the same location. Besides, if you look for a VPN for torrenting, you will need servers placed in Switzerland, Spain and Russia for getting access to banned torrenting websites. Moreover, if you want to watch some US-based streaming sources like Netflix, Hulu, Freeform, etc., you can make it only if you are supplied with servers placed in the US.
#2 How many devices can I use per one subscription?
- The amount of simultaneous connections that you are allowed. Opt for the ones that offer at least three devices connectivity with one account. In case you need a VPN service for making all your connected devices protected, you should look for a service, which offers multiple simultaneous connections. Once it’s done, you will be able to protect all your network with the help of one reliable VPN service.
#3 Does a VPN keep logs?
#4 How can I pay for the VPN service?
- They must offer a wide range of payment options and also ensure unlimited bandwidth, speed and serve switching.
Now ask these 4 simple questions to find the best among 7 top VPN services for the UK:
If you want to find a good protection for yourself on the web, you should try PureVPN. And the reasons are here:
• When you obtain PureVPN, you will have a full access to 750+ servers in 140+ countries!
• You can also connect up to 5 different devices at the same time and enjoy great protection and freedom no matter where you go.
• Another reason to switch to this open VPN in many countries is that their two-year plan is incredibly affordable.
• They also have great protection thanks to the 256-bit encryption.
So, having decided to acquire a qualitative VPN able to secure your online activities, don’t forget to look through PureVPN packages.Read more
There are several factors that make VyprVPN an ideal VPN service out there. Since they have more than 700 servers, they are able to provide excellent speed and accessibility to their 200,000 strong customer base. Without any doubt, they will give you full worth of your money. You will enjoy free cloud storage as well. The quality of their apps is very good. Setting up their client software is really easy. One problem associated with their service is that they don’t support BitCoin. Once, after configuring the VPN service, you can change VPN server to UK server. When you open VPN for UK, make sure that you are using a UK server.Read more
This credible VPN service provides its consumers with direct access to the websites that have normally been restricted in their geographical location. The service offers three multi-function packages, which are to suit different needs. TunnelBear’s server park includes 20+ countries all over the globe along with AES 256-bit encryption.
At the same time Tunnel Bear has other bonuses for its consumers:
- VPN plans suit every pocket;
- WiFi protection while connecting to insecure hotspots;
- superfast servers for high quality streaming;
- 5 devices per 1 Tunnel Bear account;
- applications for Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and browsers.
The features presented above prove that Tunnel Bear is one of the most reliable VPN services in 2018. Study its plans and choose the most suitable for you.Read more
While looking for a good VPN for your needs, you should consider CyberGhost VPN. Getting a lot of features for reasonable pricing monthly is what makes CyberGhost VPN one of the cheapest VPNs of all time. What is more prominent is that the VPN provider offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for those who want to check if it really works the way it should be.
• Boasting 1250+ servers around the globe (55 countries), this VPN provider ensures fast connections.
• CyberGhost VPN uses double encryption system making your web browsing reliable and secured.
• Connections on up to 5 gadgets simultaneously allows a VPN subscriber to protect all the gadgets one possesses.
• The features of IP and DNS leak protection allow surfing the Internet without being identified.
CyberGhost is a respectable VPN service for keeping internet connecting secure, private and anonymous.Read more
This excellent VPN service will change your web browsing habits forever. No restrictions, ads or limits for you while surfing the Internet. 450+ blazing servers located in 56 countries make your physical location unimportant, while Ivacy pricing system is affordable for an average internet user.
Here’s what makes Ivacy VPN stand out of the crowd:
- anonymity while P2P file sharing;
- 256-bit data ciphering of all users’ data;
- no logs of Ivacy subscribers online activity;
- unlimited bandwidth and speed;
- protection of up to 5 devices per 1 account;
- kill switch function for data protection in case VPN connection is lost;
- manifold methods of payment including Alipay, PayPal and even Bitcoin.
Don’t hesitate to opt for Ivacy VPN for safe and secure Internet use and connect to public WiFi hotspots without the fear to lose both data and money.Read more
Private Internet Access VPN is definitely worth trying if you are looking for a secure VPN service for your online activity. Affordable pricing system and strict no-logging policy make it one of the most popular VPN provider among netizens. The main features of PIA VPN:
• Anonymous payment methods through Bets Buy, Walmart, Starbacks and many more are allowed.
• Over 3100 servers in 28 countries worldwide.
• Compatibility with all popular operating systems.
• P2P file sharing makes torrenting possible for PIA subscribers.
Just a short Turbo VPN review. I’s the best VPN for Android. Dead easy installation, non-stop work in the background, blazing speed and the server locations that allow bypass many restrictions based on the geographical location.reply
DON/T USE HOTSPOT SHIELD VPN FOR UK!!! HOTSPOT SHIELD IS NOT A FREE VPN, SO THE SERVICE MUST BE GOOD. BUT NOT IN CASE OF THIS VPN SOFTWARE. I PAID FOR IT AND COULDN/T ACCESS UK TV CHANNELS WHEN I WAS IN USA. FOR ME IT WAS NUMBER ONE REASON TO SUBSCRIBE FOR A VPN PROVIDER. IT/S A FAKE VPN, IGNORE IT!!!reply
Hello Morris, if you are interested in the best VPN for watching UK TV in the USA, it is recommended to use one of the described in the article VPN providers. In the article brief VPN reviews are provided for your convenience. To watch UK TV channels on the Internet while visiting the USA, you are to:
1. subscribe for one of the VPNs of this rating;
2. install and run the VPN client while being in your native country (to check the speed, IP leak and etc.);
3. switch the client on while being in the targeted country;
4. connect to one of the UK-based VPN servers.
Home-like web surfing will be at your disposal with the best VPN service for the UK. Study the list of the main features (number of simultaneous connection, servers, IPs; compatibility; logging; functions) to find the most suitable for you VPN software. Besides, it is possible to get a discount. The first way is to subscribe for the VPN a long period of time. The second way is to look for the VPN coupons (some of VPN providers offer them).reply
I use Windscribe VPN for UK. I like its free plan. For a Virtual Private Network Windscribe is comparatively fast. And I wanna add that I would call it the best VPN for UK that works with many restricted services. I can’t say anything about Netflix, because I don’t have such account. To put it other words, I can’t compare the UK Netflix library with the US Netflix library. But what I wanna say is that Netflix site is available while connecting to it through Windscribe. It proves the fact that Windscribe is in the list of good VPN software. I pay special attention to this cause there are VPN services that are blocked by such sites like Netflix (in fact use special systems that detect VPNs and block them). Thus, it becomes impossible to stream Netflix movies while being connected to such “good” VPNs. Also I have to mention that the speed becomes a bit slower than without a VPN connection.reply
Hi Saura, one question bothers me and I hope you will help me to answer it. I’ll be glad to find out the answer. How to get a VPN for UK free?reply
I read at Express VPN’s website that they are under BVI jurisdiction. Isn’t it bad for our privacy?reply
The fact is that ExpressVPN is under BVI’s jurisdiction doesn’t mean it is operated by British laws. We took into consideration the issue and found out that they have their own legal system and are not compliant to British laws. Moreover, they have no data retention laws as well. For this reason, the country is a good country for VPN providers.reply
Saura, but on the ground of the information I found out BVI are the part of the UK. In its turn, the UK is the member of Five Eyes union. Thus, it’s unlikely that the UK VPN providers can resist to the pressure of the special agencies. Considering the events occurring in the world, the UK special agencies are crazy about security of the Kingdom and take every effort with the purpose to protect the residents of the country. I agree that it’s the most vital issue nowadays. But on the other side, every human being has the right of privacy. But the UK government deprives us of this right because of continuous spying on its residents and people who come there as tourists.reply
Hello, I wonder what you mean when you rate UK VPNs: are they located in the UK or the best to use them in the country? I know that the UK is in five eyes and have strict data retention laws.reply
Hi William12 and thanks for asking us. 7 best VPN services form the rating are not under UK jurisdiction. They are chosen due to their reliability and strength to take use of them in the UK. The following VPN providers operate under the jurisdiction of different states, for instance, NordVPN is in Panama, ExpressVPN – in the British Virgin Islands. You mentioned about five eyes countries in the comment, we have a special post on the issue. Get more knowledge about the countries which are not VPN-friendly.reply