David Balaban is a computer security researcher with over 15 years of experience in malware analysis and antivirus software evaluation. He has published his articles on such online media as Hackernoon, Tripwire, Infosecinstitute, and Cybrary.
Having founded out how the land lies, any average Internet user will experience a thrill. If that is the case that all our traffic is to any extent accessible for our ISPs, governmental agencies and other adversaries, the only reasonable decision is to use a VPN for staying private and protecting your network from uncontrolled external interference.
The list of the best VPN providers with a Kill Switch function:
- ⚡ NordVPN. Top!!! Super-fast VPN for torrent trackers and streaming services!
- Surfshark. Military-grade security and diverse server park for a moderate price.
- ExpressVPN. The best provider with highly robust encryption and protocols!
- CyberGhost. IP Leak protection and strict no logs policy make the provider one of the most reliable today!
- PIA. Absolutely zero logs policy and advanced VPN functions will make your web surfing unrestricted and really safe.
The market of VPN outputs is piled with different products. In pursuit of excellent companies dealing with VPN services try to furnish the product with larger amount of forceful features and additional characteristics.
Some of the outputs provide self-developed protocols, others offer super-fast servers, while the rest put securitized methods such as a kill switch above.
What is a VPN kill switch?
It’s an open fact to everyone that our protected connection faces breaks due to number of problems beyond of our or VPN provider control. As it can be stated from the name of the feature it is a VPN extension that cuts your connection to the Internet each time there is a break on a VPN connection. So, if a break happens, a kill switch will disconnect you to the Internet, therefore no explosions of your confidential data will be made. In addition, having run a VPN, customers fail to remember to connect to their VPN before surfing the Internet, for such forgetful clients a VPN kill switch will be an indispensable approach.
But don’t forget that a kill switch is just a great opportunity but not the only function a qualitative VPN should possess.
Features of the best VPN
The best VPN with a built-in kill switch should hold following characteristics:
- a vast variety of server locations; this is one of the main features a good VPN should have, as the more variants of server placement are provided, the more opportunities to switch your network from one server to another you will have.
- strong encryption protocols; it is another important characteristic for your conscious choice, as the stronger the protocols, the securer your network is.
- unlimited bandwidth; limitless bandwidth and fast speed performance are decisive features for watching movies or playing games without being interrupted.
- trial version or money-back guarantee; it’s good to try a service before subscribing to it, but some VPNs offer money-back guarantee instead.
- support of different payment methods; the more anonymous method you choose (crypto-currency), the better your chances to be unidentified online.
- 24/7 professional technical group assistance; both average users and advanced ones need technical support as there are some specific cases when no one except these people is able to cope with the situation.
Provided that the Internet is overloaded with multiple outputs of the service, the best VPNs with kill switch’s rating is presented for your convenience: