Nord VPN is a decent VPN service in the world. Double encryption afforded by the service is to make your sensitive data effectively protected while being online. More than six hundred server locations in sixty two countries on all the continents, except Antarctic, are held and the number is being grown. Unlimited speed and bandwidth, which is to allow you watching any streaming services without hits or delays, are offered too. Known as one of the simplest in its installation and usage services, any of your data or metadata is not stored by the provider and a kill switch is built in for your convenience in operation. The standard package is compatible with common OSES and multiple connections up to six devices together are allowed, which is of a high use for those who travel a lot. A professional online support is suggested to the customers and such anonymous payment methods as bitcoins are accepted.Read more
As we all know, Windows 10 is up for grabs and Windows has been aggressively promoting it. For the users of previous versions, Windows 10 is available for free download. However, security issues have been plaguing Windows 10 ever since it was introduced. The biggest problem lays with the Windows 10 data collection settings. We are also worried about the potential DNS leaks. Keeping these issues in your mind, it’s high time for you to rely on a VPN service. More and more security issues come to the fore every day. Considering that, it is wiser to use a VPN service for your own safety. If you are looking for free VPN for Windows 7, then that’s available too.
Several things determine whether a VPN is good for your Windows Smartphone and PC or not. Like in every other industry, finding the best VPN for Windows requires some due diligence on your part. You are also required to be well informed so as to ensure that you identify the right VPN that complements the Windows 7 features of your device, as well as protects you from all the issues that it suffers from.
|Best VPNs for Windows|
|Private Internet Access||4.6|
Before we delve into the inner details of what a VPN for Windows should look like, it is critical that you understand what a VPN is and how exactly it works. A VPN can be defined as a network that is able to let two parties (the sender and receiver of information) to communicate privately over a public network. Such data communicated is encrypted hence making it impossible for third parties to snoop into the conversation.
There are numerous VPNs in the market and this means that there must be some differentiating features. Different VPNs offer varying services to their different customers. It is important to note the main features of a VPN that will suit you when you are using Windows 10 or Windows 7. There is a VPN for Windows phone which will enable you to stream videos and music without a hitch while and at the same time not able to protect your data connections from hackers and other snooping eyes. Consider some of the features below.
- Compatibility – Windows is a big platform and there are many versions (Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows 10.0) of the same and which can be used on a variety of devices. There are many Smartphones, tablets, and PCs which run on Windows. The best VPN software for Windows is that which is compatible with all your devices running on Windows OS. Moreover, such a VPN should also be compatible with other OSs such as Linux, Android, and Chrome. Of course, you can subscribe for a free VPN for Windows phone, but you should remember that due to constantly changing network settings phones and tablets need extra defense if compare them with PCs. Besides, when speaking about compatibility, provided that you have already updated your system you need best Windows 10 apps.
- It should be fast – The one thing that can make one easily irritated is a slow VPN. Many of the VPN for Windows phone are known to boast of enabling customers to access the internet at a faster rate than they otherwise would if they were browsing without it. This is made possible when these VPN firms use tunneling protocols that are sturdy and reliable. Some of the protocols that will give you super fast VPN connection include PTPP, SSL, L2TP/IPSec, and OpenVPN. However, OpenVPN is more for your internet privacy, especially when using a public Wi-Fi rather than for streaming of videos and music.
- Security – There are many super VPN for Windows which are designed to make sure that your data, as well as all your internet connections, are extremely safe. A good VPN for PC or even for your Smartphone will ideally come with a 256-bit encryption. There are those VPNs, however, that employ 128-bit encryption which albeit not preferred is better than using no encryption. Encryption ensures that no government spying app can access any of your data. It also protects you from cybercriminals and all the phishing and marketing firms which work hard to know your browsing habits. A super VPN for Windows 7 should provide your network with all the necessary protective measures, despite a built-in VPN for Windows browser.
- Trial period and money back guarantee – In order to make customers’ experience good and to ensure that the services they are getting is exactly what they want, the best VPN software should be designed to enable customers to test-drive it first. Today, many of the VPN for Windows offer trial services. Secondly, a majority of these firms offer a money back guarantee which means that you will get back your money if at all you are dissatisfied with the services during a specified period of time. Most firms promise to refund your money without asking any questions. In addition, it should be easy for you to open a VPN client.
- It should be global – The major reason why people want to use free VPN services besides protecting their privacy is to ensure that they get to access as much of the internet as possible. This is only possible if that super free VPN has a wealth of high-speed servers spread across as many countries as possible. The more the VPN servers, the better the chance of customers accessing all the geo-restricted websites and channels across the world.
Having decided on applying a good service for your network protection, you should keep in mind several fundamental characteristics when choosing the best VPN for Windows.
The thing is that the internet is overloaded with multiple VPN outputs. However, not all of them provide a vast variety of needful features, which influence further output’s operation.
So, when looking for a good service you need to think about such feature as geo-locations:
- if a VPN offers a wide list of servers placed all over the globe, the VPN is what you need when looking for a service, which is to unblock all the geo-restricted or banned in your region web-sources. Besides, pursuing the aim of watching geo-restricted content, such as Netflix, Hulu, Freeform, you need to subscribe for the best VPN for Windows, which is to offer you several US-based boosted in speed servers.
Why you need several US-based servers? The reason is that when one of the servers fails to connect or is overloaded you will be able to choose another one. This also will help you avoid lags, hits or buffering when streaming heavy traffic.
Also you should think about protocols a VPN use for making your connection encrypted. Actually there are numerous protocols used for traffic encoding. However, this or that variant matches different needs:
- in such a way, if you need to make your traffic protected to the uttermost, you need to run OpenVPN protocol. However, the protocol may consume a lot of bandwidth, which can cause some buffering. So, before choosing the protocol you need to check your average internet connection upload and download speed.
- if you want to unblock geo-restricted websites from the regions where they are inaccessible, but traffic securing is not a top-priority task for you, L2TP/IPSec is what you need.
- providing that you have made several upload/download average speed tests, but they haven’t show you a good result, you’d better run PPTP one. Although many security experts will say the protocol is out-of-dated, it still fulfills its functions and encode all the traffic outcoming and incoming to your connected device.
Having decided on protocols, you need to think about a free trial version and a money-back guarantee:
- in case a service you choose offers a free trial version, you’ll be able to test it before making a subscription. This helps to detect service’s minuses and decide whether you need it before investing money. However, more often than not services make their free trials restricted not only in terms of usage, but also in basic characteristics, such as protocols, servers, etc.
- with a money-back guarantee you won’t face any extra budget expenses, as long as you will be able to get your money back in case something is wrong with the service.
Also, it can’t hurt to check whether a service accepts different payment methods, such as crypto-currency, which is the most anonymous way, and add-ons, which can boost the operation a lot.
Governments all over the world are increasingly employing spying measures to monitor what their citizens are doing online. This is necessitated by the increased threat of terrorism, cyberheists among other threats. Much as the government is warranted to monitor some internet activities of some people, it is not constitutionally right as many courts have decided time and again. The best VPN software in the market should protect you from government spies, hackers, cybercriminals, marketing firms, and phishing agents. Let’s take a closer look at the top 7 Windows 7 VPNs to consider:
If you want to find a good protection for yourself on the web, you should try PureVPN. And the reasons are here:
• When you obtain PureVPN, you will have a full access to 750+ servers in 140+ countries!
• You can also connect up to 5 different devices at the same time and enjoy great protection and freedom no matter where you go.
• Another reason to switch to this open VPN in many countries is that their two-year plan is incredibly affordable.
• They also have great protection thanks to the 256-bit encryption.
So, having decided to acquire a qualitative VPN able to secure your online activities, don’t forget to look through PureVPN packages.Read more
This is a VPN service offered by Golden Frog, an internet data storage provider. VyprVPN offers blazing server speeds with unlimited bandwidth, IP address and any time free switching between its servers. It has over 700+ servers located in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania. As it is based in the US, you can make use of its US servers and its free shared IP addresses to access popular American shows even from outside the US. It makes use of popular encryption protocols to ensure online security and supports a wide range of platforms, portable devices and routers.
The greatest features of this VPN service for iPhone are considered to be:
- 200,000+ IPs.
- 5 simultaneous connections.
- 700+ servers.
- Privately owned and managed encryption network.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Easy to use apps for all devices.
- Unlimited speed, server switching and bandwidth.
While looking for the best VPN for your needs, you should consider CyberGhost Pro VPN. Getting a lot of features for reasonable pricing monthly is what makes CyberGhost Pro VPN one of the cheapest VPNs of all time. What is more prominent is that the VPN provider offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for those who want to check if it really works the way it should be. Boasting more than 800 servers around the globe, this VPN provider ensures fast connections. Like many of its kind, this VPN provider uses double encryption system making it reliable and secured. CyberGhost Pro is a respectable VPN service for keeping internet connecting secure, private and anonymous.
Take advantage of 3 top CyberGhost Pro functions 2018 for iPhone:
- 800+ ultra-fast servers all around the world
- Strong double encryption
- Multi-platform apps
This credible VPN service provides its consumers with direct access to the websites that have normally been restricted in their geographical location. The service offers three multi-function packages, which are to suit different needs. TunnelBear’s server park includes 20+ countries all over the globe along with AES 256-bit encryption.
At the same time Tunnel Bear has other bonuses for its consumers:
- VPN plans suit every pocket;
- WiFi protection while connecting to insecure hotspots;
- superfast servers for high quality streaming;
- 5 devices per 1 Tunnel Bear account;
- applications for Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and browsers.
The features presented above prove that Tunnel Bear is one of the most reliable VPN services in 2018. Study its plans and choose the most suitable for you.Read more
This excellent VPN service will change your web browsing habits forever. No restrictions, ads or limits for you while surfing the Internet. 450+ blazing servers located in 56 countries make your physical location unimportant, while Ivacy pricing system is affordable for an average internet user.
Here’s what makes Ivacy VPN stand out of the crowd:
- anonymity while P2P file sharing;
- 256-bit data ciphering of all users’ data;
- no logs of Ivacy subscribers online activity;
- unlimited bandwidth and speed;
- protection of up to 5 devices per 1 account;
- kill switch function for data protection in case VPN connection is lost;
- manifold methods of payment including Alipay, PayPal and even Bitcoin.
Don’t hesitate to opt for Ivacy VPN for safe and secure Internet use and connect to public WiFi hotspots without the fear to lose both data and money.Read more
Private Internet Access VPN (or simply PIA) is definitely worth trying if you are looking for a secure VPN service for your online activity. Affordable pricing system and strict no-logging policy make it one of the most popular VPN providers among netizens.
The main features of PIA VPN:
- anonymous payment methods through Bets Buy, Walmart, Starbacks and many more;
- 3050+ servers in 28 countries worldwide;
- compatibility with all popular operating systems;
- P2P file sharing for torrenting;
- kill switch for round-the- click protection;
- cryptocurrency for really anonymous VPN use.
Making decision to use PIA VPN, you invest in your security while browsing web pages, anonymity while visiting censored websites and services and privacy while sending emails or communicating via VoIP messengers.Read more