Statistics and latest data leaks make netizens crazy about their online security. Just have a look at some events occurred in 2017:
- One of the worst cases in cyber security sphere was Equifax database breach when data of over 145 000 000 users were stolen by resourceful hackers.
- The number of data breaches increased by close to 10% last year in 2017.
- According to Identity Theft Resource Center, the number of data breaches reached 1579.
- Business became #1 target for hackers, whereas the interest to military and governmental spheres decreased.
In order not to be among victims of adversaries, it is recommended to use Virtual Private Networks. They serve to disable hacking attacks and encrypt user traffic so that crackers have NO chance to take use of such information.
This article is devoted to detailed VyprVPN vs Private Internet Access comparison.
Thus, today you will find out about:
- VyprVPN vs PIA Tariffs and Prices
- VyprVPN vs PIA Servers
- VyprVPN vs PIA Functions
- VyprVPN vs PIA Security and Privacy
- VyprVPN vs PIA Support Service
- VyprVPN vs PIA Platforms
- VyprVPN vs PIA Conclusion
Are you ready to stake on VyprVPN or PIA? Then it is the right time, as here we go!
Having taken into account pricing systems of both VPNs, one may conclude that Private Internet Access is more attractive.
Its monthly price equals $6.95. At the same time, the VPN is ready to provide its subscribers with a 58% discount in case a user is ready to be a PIA consumer for no less than 2 years.
VyprVPN is not so beneficial in terms of pricing policy: its minimal price is $5. But in this case one will be restricted in some features:
- only 3 simultaneous connections;
- no Chameleon technology;
- lack of VyprVPN cloud.
However, it is possible to take use of all possible VyprVPN functions for $6.67 per month. VyprVPN prices are reduced in case when a user opts for the annual plan.
Both PIA and VyprVPN make it real to check if a VPN is that very thing one needs without any risks to the budget. Nevertheless, they do it in different ways.
VyprVPN provides potential clients with a 3-day free trial, whereas Private Internet Access is ready to refund within 7 days after the purchase date.
There will be no obstacles on the way to unrestricted streaming, as both VPN providers are reckoned to be the best in terms of services unblocking. It is proved by numerous VPN servers located worldwide.
However the number of PIA servers surpasses VyprVPN in numbers. The network of Golden Frog VPN provider is more diverse.
The activities that become possible to carry out on the Internet are in tight connection with the functions of VPN service providers.
To begin with let’s point out the common features of these VPNs:
- unlimited bandwidth (one may stream, download torrents, use VoIP apps, etc.);
- fast speed servers (it guarantees lack of buffers and lags);
- server switching (location change is possible as many times as user desires);
- peer-to-peer file-sharing (security and anonymity while torrenting will be at user disposal);
- built-in kill switch (a VPN subscriber will be secure even in the event when a VPN connection is broken);
- secure WiFi (sensitive data theft is impossible while using public WiFi hotspots).
If all you need has already been mentioned above, it doesn’t matter what to opt for: PIA or VyprVPN. However, there is a difference between Private Internet Access VPN and VyprVPN.
PIA provides users with top-notch ad-blocking facility, while VyprVPN offers NAT Firewall for additional traffic filtering and therefore reliable protection.
While talking about security, encryption mechanisms and tunneling protocols are taken into consideration. At the same time, privacy depends on the logging policy of a VPN provider one has subscribed for.
Both VyprVPN and Private Internet Access offer various tunneling protocols:
- L2TP/IPsec (lack of installation troubles while problems with firewalls bypassing are possible);
- OpenVPN (really secure but additional files are to be installed);
- PPTP (easily integrated with many operating systems).
Want to know the difference?
VyprVPN offers fantastic Chameleon protocol that serves to bypass censorship of any kind and prevent VPN blocking.
In its turn, Private Internet Access VPN supplies consumers with SOCKS5, which is extremely beneficial for those users who aim at fast and unrestricted internet use.
PIA and VyprVPN decode user data by means of AES-256 bit key as a rule. However, PIA provides netizens with an alternative variant – AES-128 bit key.
As it is stated in VPN documents, these VPN service providers do NOT keep user logs, so that it is impossible to track their activity on the Internet.
Neither of VPNs compared in this article offer assistance by means of phone calls. However they both worked out useful guides and tutorials that help to solve various problems.
Besides, it is possible to find answers to many common questions in FAQ section.
VyprVPN offers online chat support, which is extremely useful in case a user needs help right here and right now.
Having studied VPNs’ official websites, it became evident that both VyprVPN and Private Internet Access VPN can be easily installed on any device one possesses: smartphones, tablets, TVs, routers and what not.
This VyprVPN vs Private Internet Access comparison shows that both VPNs are worth using because they:
- do NOT keep logs;
- have impressive server network;
- allow P2P file-sharing;
- can be installed on any platform.
In such a way, the VPNs described in this article are very similar in terms of security and privacy. However, there are some differences between them.
Thus, in case one is looking for a cheap VPN which disables ads, Private Internet Access VPN is definitely the right choice.
However, if a user is interested in a VPN provider that has servers worldwide and NAT Firewall feature is necessary, then it is better to opt for VyprVPN.
|Tariffs and Prices|
|The number of plans||2||3|
|Money-back guarantee||✗||7 days|
|Free trial||3 days||✗|
|Payment options||Credit cards, PayPal, Alipay||Credit cards, PayPal, Alipay|
|Devices per subscription||5||5|
|The amount of locations||64 countries||28 countries|
|Number of servers||700+||3070+|
|Total IPs||200 000||no info|
|IP type||Dynamic (IPV4)||Dedicated IPs|
|Limitless server switching||✓||✓|
|Others||Routers, QNAP, TV, Blackphone, Anonabox||Routers|
|Protocols||Chameleon, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP||L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP, SOCKS5|
|Data encryption||256-bit AES||128-bit AES, 256-bit AES|