NordVPN is an up-to-day service combining all the current security facilities by using which you will be able to speak out fearlessly online. It provides unbreakable double encryption allowing you to browse everywhere without being hacked. Besides, the connection speed is always great as there are many servers in 54 countries and the number is still growing. In addition, NordVPN allows you to watch restricted sites making them accessible. It guarantees you being secure enough while connecting to public hotspots. NordVPN is a great way to keep quiet surfing the Internet.Read more
Probably, only some names haven’t been given to this person. He has been called a NSA whistleblower, a hero, a computer professional run-away and etc. It’s evident, Snowden has made typical customers have another view at the issue of internet security. Such up-to-date technologies as VPN services have become popular among average people worldwide, though earlier the service has been primarily used for business networks protection. Being interested in question of cyber security and online network defense from numerous threats you will surely like these tips for protecting your computer.
5 tips to protect your computer:
#1 unique passwords and passcodes only:
|5 Tips To Protect Your Computer From Snowden Himself|
|Private Internet Access||4.6|
Provided that you run one and the same password for all the accounts, it’s easier for adversaries to find out your password and get access to all the data including your bank page. Also, you should run strong passwords including letters and numbers unattributed to your private data, such as the date of birth or home address. In case if it’s too difficult for you to memorize all the passwords, you are able to download a password manager that is to save all this data.
#2 ad blocker usage
You might have heard about a targeted ad that is dedicated to making a profile of your online activities and interests in order to offer you appropriate products. Unfortunately, the profile includes such confidential information as your geo-location, gender, your age and interests. By running an up-to-date browser you are able to switch off the officious ads and protect your confidential information.
#3 run antivirus software
In order to insure your network from malware and viruses you need to apply the most reliable antivirus software for your system and update is as frequently as it’s possible.
#4 https:// websites
For you to stay protected online, you should know that most of the up-to-date websites have changed http protocol for its secure equivalent ending with ‘s’. If you see this protocol mentioned before the address of the website you visit, that means the resource is concentrated on its clients safeness and makes it’s possible to provide the customers with a high level of online protection.
#5 a VPN service
Just after the revelations made by Snowden the service has become extremely popular among average users.
There are three main functions that make it desired for any network:
- The best VPN hides true address and unblocks geo-restricted websites while giving a chance to choose any virtual location.
- The best VPN encrypts all your generated and downloaded traffic, which makes it inaccessible for adversaries.
- The best VPN stores no logging data, despite numerous ISPs, that can be further passed to any interested parties.
Although all the tips are worthy, a VPN service is an up-to-date solution you should apply for your network. The best VPN is also supplied with ad blocker and kill switch that make your network even more protected with less effort.
Here are 7 best VPNs for your network protection:
Another good VPN that makes you secured online is VyprVPN. You can enjoy the best online protection with this free VPN service. Golden Frog offers VyprVPN services and CYPHR encrypted messaging solutions so you can enjoy anything you like and say anything you like and be completely anonymous. VyprVPN has some of the fastest networks out there and their security is fantastic thanks to the OpenVPN and 256-bit key that will keep all your online activities encrypted.Read more
If you want to find a good protection for yourself on the web, you should try PureVPN. And there is a set of reasons to opt for PureVPN. To begin with, when you obtain PureVPN, you will have a full access to 750+ servers in 140+ countries! Besides, you can also connect up to 5 different devices at the same time and enjoy great protection and freedom no matter where you go. Another reason to switch to this open VPN in many countries is that their two-year plan is incredibly affordable.
It is only half of what can be said about PureVPN. The provider attracts its users by:
- reliable 256-bit encryption;
- split tunneling to decide what information must be protected;
- 24-hour live chat support service to answer all your questions;
- unlimited bandwidth and speed;
- vast diversity of protocols (OpenVPN, PPTP, IKEv2, L2TP/IPsec, SSTP);
- dedicated IP addresses;
- protection against DDoS attacks and DNS leaks;
- P2P support;
- additional security by means of NAT Firewall;
Having decided to acquire a qualitative VPN that is able to secure your online activities, don’t forget to look through PureVPN packages.Read more
While looking for a good VPN for your needs, you should consider CyberGhost VPN. Getting a lot of features for reasonable pricing monthly is what makes CyberGhost VPN one of the cheapest VPN providers of all time. What is more prominent is that the VPN provider offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for those who want to check if it really works the way it should be. Boasting 1280+ servers around the globe (59 countries), this VPN provider ensues fast connection.
There are other reasons to subscribe for CyberGhost VPN:
- 5 devices per 1 account;
- automatic kill switch feature to prevent unprotected access to the web;
- protection against IP and DNS leaks;
- AES-256- bit traffic ciphering;
- L2TP/IPsec, PPTP and OpenVPN tunneling protocols.
CyberGhost is a respectable VPN service for keeping internet connecting secure, private and anonymous.Read more
This credible VPN service provides its consumers with direct access to the websites that have normally been restricted in their geographical location. The service offers three multi function packages, which are to suit different needs. TunnelBear’s server park includes 20+ countries all over the globe along with AES 256-bit encryption.
At the same time Tunnel Bear has other bonuses for its consumers:
- VPN plans suit every pocket;
- WiFi protection while connecting to insecure hotspots;
- superfast servers for high quality streaming;
- 5 devices per 1 Tunnel Bear account;
- applications for Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and browsers.
The features presented above prove that Tunnel Bear is one of the most reliable VPN services in 2018. Study its plans and choose the most suitable for you.Read more
This excellent VPN service will change your web browsing habits forever. No restrictions, ads or limits for you while surfing the Internet. 450+ blazing servers located in 56 countries make your physical location unimportant, while Ivacy pricing system is affordable for an average internet user.
Here’s what makes Ivacy VPN stand out of the crowd:
- anonymity while P2P file sharing;
- 256-bit data ciphering of all users’ data;
- no logs of Ivacy subscribers online activity;
- unlimited bandwidth and speed;
- protection of up to 5 devices per 1 account;
- kill switch function for data protection in case VPN connection is lost;
- manifold methods of payment including Alipay, PayPal and even Bitcoin.
Don’t hesitate to opt for Ivacy VPN for safe and secure Internet use and connect to public WiFi hotspots without the fear to lose both data and money.Read more
Private Internet Access VPN (or simply PIA) is definitely worth trying if you are looking for a secure VPN service for your online activity. Affordable pricing system and strict no-logging policy make it one of the most popular VPN providers among netizens.
The main features of PIA VPN:
- anonymous payment methods through Bets Buy, Walmart, Starbacks and many more;
- 3050+ servers in 28 countries worldwide;
- compatibility with all popular operating systems;
- P2P file sharing for torrenting;
- kill switch for round-the- click protection;
- cryptocurrency for really anonymous VPN use.
Making decision to use PIA VPN, you invest in your security while browsing web pages, anonymity while visiting censored websites and services and privacy while sending emails or communicating via VoIP messengers.Read more