David Balaban is a computer security researcher with over 15 years of experience in malware analysis and antivirus software evaluation. He has published his articles on such online media as Hackernoon, Tripwire, Infosecinstitute, and Cybrary.
It has become clear that during the latest period 50 vulnerabilities have been fixed in its Chrome browser. The vulnerabilities included bugs that gave all cards in hands of adversaries and hackers. It is also known as the largest episode of Google’s improvement of the situation. The only problem is that the situation will repeat once again as soon as some more hidden holes are inspected by hackers in the browser.
We’re glad to introduce you top rated VPN providers for Google Chrome in 2020:
- ⚡ Nord VPN – Perfect choice for Google Chrome offering super-fast speeds.
- Surfshark – Great service to make your browsing history secure and unblock restricted content.
- CyberGhost VPN – Amazing software for Google Chrome with military-grade encryption.
- Express VPN – Fast VPN for Chrome with robust encryption and servers in 94+ countries.
- Private Internet Access – Special extension for Chrome browser is a worthy solution in 2020.
Fortunately, there are three ways you can save your network from different attacks and monitoring while using a VPN service:
- The best VPN for Google Chrome hides your authentic address. In such a way your ISPs and other prying eyes will be able to ‘see’ the address of a VPN server through which you are connected to the internet. Moreover, this feature makes it possible to change your virtual location and get access to many geo-restricted websites and sources.
- The best VPN for Google Chrome encrypts all your traffic while routing it through a secure tunneling created with the usage of up-to-date protocols. The function makes your traffic unreadable and inaccessible for adversaries.
- The best VPN for Google Chrome is a reliable service that assures its customers to keep no logging or metadata, which can’t be passed to any interested party. Thus your level of anonymity is essentially enhanced.
While being a simple customer it may be difficult for you to find the best VPN for your browser, therefore here are some essential characteristics for the best service:
- a vast variety of server locations;
- strong encryption protocols;
- unlimited bandwidth;
- trial version or money-back guarantee;
- support of different payment methods;
- 24/7 professional technical group assistance.
Watch your password: Сhrome gets exposed to the tricky invisible remote threat
Google’s Chrome failed to keep its default configuration safe jeopardizing Windows 10 and other Microsoft's Windows OS versions endangering your identity and provoking possible credential theft by remote hackers. Users may not even notice their login is being stolen when they visit a website afflicted by a ruinous SCF file. They might not be aware of the SMB protocol and Chrome vulnerability though the trick has been already deployed before.
Such harmful software as Stuxnet has compromised systems using LNK files. SCF files operate quite the same way and are responsible for desktop icon address coding. It takes the attackers a few steps to hack the system with a quick and quiet SCF shortcut sham file:
- The file gets downloaded automatically – no user confirmation is needed.
- The file runs automatically – no need to click on it.
- The authentication is conducted automatically with the remote attacker’sSMB server (the file contains the location of the controlled remote server) that makes the credentials leak evading your grasp completely.
The issue of catching a maliciously chiseled encryption was partially solved when Microsoft banned LNK files from outside source icon loading and opted for inside servers although SCF files didn’t get secured.
Some measures should be taken to avoid Microsoft safety risks which endanger big corporations suffering informational wormholes. Such setups can be arranged by some hacker who easily succeeds in sneaking into the system as a company’s employee as well as in gaining access to tracking and manipulating other logins. There’s no need in password decryption for a number of Microsoft services since there’s no problem for an attacker to be authorized thanks to an encrypted password.
What is to be done to prevent data leak?
- Freeze outbound SMB connections (TCP ports 139 and 445) with a firewall and lock them within a local network.
- Or open Google Chrome and try the following solution: in Settings section look for the advanced settings and choose "Ask where to save each file before downloading".
- Since no one can be sure how soon an indispensable patch is going to be available the urgent measures should always be considered before it’s too late. VPN services which aim at making your system death proof might become the best guarding option. The software ensures secure encryption while keeping no metadata, which may be exposed to any interested party.
INCOGNITO MODE ALONE CAN’T PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY: USE A VPN
Incognito mode is one of the most popular built-in features for your browsers. Different developers assure their clients that the new feature will make their network hidden from any prying eyes. As a result your online activity isn’t stored in browser’s history, but it’s still available for ISPs and other internet customers interested in your activities. In such a way, using the mode is nothing than a hide-and-seek game where you hinder the websites you visited while your wife is out.
Besides, the mode doesn’t protect you from data leaks and identity thefts and any other malware spread on the internet. In fact the mode is useful for pimply teenagers who try to conceal their addictions from the parents. If you want to find a really useful tool for protecting your network from uncontrolled and unauthorized accessing, you should subscribe for the best VPN, which is to make your network private, anonymous and secure. The best VPN is able to hide your authentic address and give you a chance to choose any virtual location you like.
What is more, you can connect to your ‘home’ network while being abroad where your apps and favorite websites can be blocked. Moreover, the best VPN creates a secure tunneling passing through which all your data turns to be encrypted with the help of up-to-date protocols.
Thus, it becomes inaccessible for any adversaries. A reliable VPN service assures its clients to store no logging data, which is also highly important for your online anonymity, as the data can’t be passed further to any interested party. So, the best VPN is the best solution for your network protection, which can’t be said about incognito mode alone that is built in your browser.
Here are 5 best VPNs for protecting your network: