David Balaban is a computer security researcher with over 15 years of experience in malware analysis and antivirus software evaluation. He has published his articles on such online media as Hackernoon, Tripwire, Infosecinstitute, and Cybrary.
Since the introduction of Bitcoin in 2008 tens of thousands of people have embraced it as a legal tender. Bitcoin has been invented by Satoshi_Nakamoto. It is a decentralized virtual currency. The conducted transactions that use peer to peer technology and there is no intermediary necessary.
Have a look at the list of the best VPNs for Bitcoin in 2019:
- ExpressVPN - secure provider with a huge amount of servers all around the world.
- NordVPN - fast software for Bitcoin with unlimited bandwidth and robust protocols.
- CyberGhost - reliable and not expensive VPN offering 256-bit encryption.
- VyprVPN - safe VPN with 24/7 live chat support and reliable encryption.
- IPVanish - trustworthy provider for Bitcoin with zero traffic logs and unlimited bandwidth.
People buy services and products using bitcoins. The use of bitcoins is now getting globally adopted, because more than 100,000 people and businesses use it. Bitcoin is regarded as the first Cryptocurrency. Read our cryptocurrency guide to learn more about Bitcoin.
It has had to cope with much criticism throughout its existence. Like other currencies, bitcoin has faced several challenges. It is due to the fact that some criminal activities, especially in the ‘darknet’ markets, are just some of the threats that a bitcoin trader or user has to deal with.
Why Do You Need A VPN For Bitcoins?
Bitcoin transactions have increased tremendously both in peer to peer trading as well as online currency trading. More and more people are getting pulled into the crypto currency trading platform. This is incredibly good for many technology savvy people. Here are the advantages of a VPN service usage:
- Privacy and data protection – There has been an increase in the number of hackers and other prying eyes online. A VPN is the ultimate solution to all these threats because it encrypts all sent and received data. Generally, a 256-bit encryption is used. As for privacy, whether you are using a public Wi-Fi hotspot or a private Internet connection, good tunneling protocols of data guarantees no snooping eyes get closer to your data.
- Surfing the Internet without limitations – Geo-restriction is one of the greatest reasons why people are not able to enjoy the Internet equally. While using a VPN, you will be able to connect to an Australian website while being in Egypt or Lithuania. Bitcoin VPN no logs feature is something that allows you to do a transaction from Germany while appearing as though you are in Britain. You shield your IP address.
- Downloading becomes easier – Few people can doubt that a VPN is an ideal solution to all slow online streaming and other Internet problems relating to streaming. With a good VPN, you are able to download every other file or app that you have purchased using your bitcoin account fast. Online streaming of music and videos is also made extremely easy by using a VPN.
What Should Be Brought To Notice While Choosing A VPN For Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a crypto-currency and as much as any other currency it calls for defense. One of the best up-to-date technologies for one’s online protection is a high-quality VPN service.
But there are few people who can select a VPN having no doubt. So, what are you to turn attention to while choosing a VPN service for Bitcoin?
- As being a protective measure a VPN service should secure you from any uncontrolled interference. That means that a VPN you have chosen should create a great defensive tunneling through which all your transferring data becomes invisible for any adversaries.
- If talking about your anonymity, it should be mentioned that the encryption tunneling created by your VPN has two ‘ends’. On the one side of the tunneling is you and your computer (or any other device you use) and on the other one is your VPN provider. Thus it is extremely important to find the most reliable VPN service to provide the highest level of your anonymity without any logging storage.
- Speaking about speed, it should be noted that any VPN usage reduces the average speed performance of your Internet connection. But choosing a VPN for bitcoins with unlimited bandwidth you can exponentially enhance it.
- Also it is recommended to look for a service, which is easy to install with friendly interface in your native language and timely support from the technique group. That’s why it is useful to read the comments its users leave and study the website’s information.
- When talking about price, of course you should rely on your material possibilities. But don’t forget that free VPN service for bitcoin won’t supply you with high level of security, privacy and much less anonymity. So, sometimes it’s better to cut back on some other spending that a VPN service. Moreover, a free VPN monetize business by advertizing and even selling some confidential information to some third parties.
- The payment methods used by a VPN you choose are another important aspect. If you are looking for a VPN for bitcoin it will be interesting to you to know whether this service support the crypto-currency, because such way of payment adds even more anonymity into your future work with it.