David Balaban is a computer security researcher with over 15 years of experience in malware analysis and antivirus software evaluation. He has published his articles on such online media as Hackernoon, Tripwire, Infosecinstitute, and Cybrary.
Much attention is given to the issue of censorship these days. It leads to the websites and services to be blocked in some regions.
Reliable VPN providers serve to get rid of such problem:
- Express VPN is the leader when dealing with restrictions bypassing. It offers 2000+ fast servers, protection of 3 devices per account, 256-bit encryption.
- Nord VPN offers a unique feature of SmartPlay to unblock streaming services. Apart from it, the provider has 5200 servers worldwide.
- CyberGhost serves to unblock censored services and sites in a matter of seconds. Just connect to one of 3130 servers and forget about restrictions.
- Vypr VPN will help to bypass limits imposed by the ISP or the country in general.
- IPVanish VPN allows its subscribers to change their IPs and browse the pages restricted in some regions.
Censorship and restrictions over sites and online services make people be out of conceit with one of the greatest inventions of mankind – the Internet.
Facts speak for themselves:
- 740 000 sites are blocked worldwide;
- the Great Firewall of China is the reason why over 10 000 domains are inaccessible in the country;
- since January 1, 2017, social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and others are compelled by law to delete posts and single words if requested;
- in April more than 270 000 Twitter accounts underwent blacklisting;
- the governments force mass media to highlight ''fake news'';
- freedom on the net declined in the United States of America in 2018, and many European, Asian, and African countries have access to the filtered content only.
Don't want to fall victim to this strict censoring policy?
Make use of a reliable tool to unblock sites even in such highly restricted countries like Syria, North Korea, and China (actually, VPN in China is a must).
Aren't you sure of what to use?
Read this article and get to know:
- Is proxy the best website unblocker?
- How to unblock sites with a VPN?
- What are the key features a good VPN should possess?
- Websites blocked worldwide
- Conclusion on how to unblock websites
That's great! But be aware you'll find a cherry on the cake at the end of this post.
Many internet users find proxy websites to unblock censored content very attractive in view of their free-of-charge basis and usability. Proxies cope with some restrictions bypassing beyond that.
A proxy server allows changing IP and going around the restriction to access definite websites and services.
However, when unblocking websites by means of proxy servers, custom data are not protected against snooping or loss.
The facts prove it:
- proxies are used to crack authentic web pages;
- 8.5% of proxy sites modify JS (it might cause malicious software distribution;
- only 21% of proxies allow HTTPS encoding.
Within this content, a proxy is not the best tool to unblock sites restricted in one region or another.
While in the field of total geo-blocking proxies fail to unblock services like Netflix and Hulu, Virtual Private Networks has become mainstream.
VPNs are used by millions of people because they are safe and manage to make subscribers anonymous when surfing the Internet.
How does a VPN unblock websites?
Provided that one has subscribed to a VPN service, a user has a little left to do. It's incumbent to choose a proper VPN server.
The user choice depends on what a man wants to access:
- the best VPN server to unblock Netflix content is the one located in the USA;
- British nodes are perfect to get access to BBC, for instance;
- seeders will definitely like servers in Switzerland, as this country is rather friendly to torrenting.
To put it simply, the algorithm is the following:
Firstly, identify in what country does a website hosted.
Secondly, connect the VPN server located there.
Thirdly, check your new IP address. It should belong to the country you connect.
Fourthly, open the targeted website in a browser and enjoy!
Are you interested in the details?
Do you want to know the pith and marrow of VPN work?
We'll highlight the whole process in a matter of seconds!
When a user connects a VPN server, his/her IP address is changed into the one that belongs to the provider. And the sites one visits see a new IP of a user (not a real one).
The website identifies the IP as allowed and gives access to the content.
Hurry up to subscribe to a tried and true provider and browse your favorite sites without any troubles!
If you are not convinced of what VPN to use yet, these reviews might help you make up your mind.