It can be quite terrible if someone suddenly hacks your email address and get access to highly secure accounts such as your bank and once the damage is done, it can take you years to recover. TunnelBear is a perfect solution to keep you out of a sticky situation because it is a fantastic private VPN service that you can rely on to keep your online information as safe and secure as possible.
With this VPN in USA you can also access information and websites from other countries that would normally have been restricted in your location. Locations like China have restricted a lot of websites like Facebook, Gmail and Netflix, but if you have the TunnelBear VPN software downloaded on your phone or laptop, you can still access these sites during your travels to these high security destinations.
What it costs to enjoy this VPN service?
- Little Free – TunnelBear is one of the best VPN services and luckily for you, this USA VPN is free. With the Little Free package you can enjoy a protected connection through which you can download 500mb of data for free every month.
This free service might be limited, but offer unlimited security so your online activities will be confidential no matter what you decide to view. You can also get an extra 1GB download limit if you tweet about TunnelBear’s fantastic services.
- Giant – Those who want to enjoy unlimited data on a secure network then the Giant package is for you. The Giant package costs nine dollars and ninety nine cents per month and provides users with great internet freedom and security no matter how much data they view or download. This is the perfect package for those who want to try out TunnelBear’s services.
- Grizzly – The Grizzly package allows you to enjoy unlimited data at a discounted rate because you pay the full amount on a yearly basis. The Grizzly package costs only four dollars and sixteen cents a month with an annual bill of forty nine dollars and eighty eight cents billed on a yearly basis.
With the Grizzly package you can save 58 percent on annual costs and enjoy all the benefits that the Giant package offers which makes it a good VPN service for the long run.
TunnelBear download free
Many people tend to believe that free VPN services cannot be REALLY free. However, TunnelBear ruins this stereotype.
TunnelBear VPN offers its service for free for those who does NOT spend too much time on the Internet. If your monthly traffic is about 500 MB, then this VPN provider is definitely for you.
How to create TunnelBear free account?
It is a child’s play. There are only 3 steps to follow:
Visit TunnelBear VPN website.
Open “Pricing” input and click on the button “Try TunnelBear free”.
Create your own free TunnelBear account using your valid email and a unique password.
All the great facts about TunnelBear
This reliable VPN service is available across the globe and has servers in 20 popular countries, so you can enjoy all the internet freedom and security that you would have in the USA no matter where you want to go.
The TunnelBear VPN software is specially developed to supply you with high connectivity speeds in each and every one of these 20 locations so you can access all the sites you need and download anything you like without putting yourself at risk.
At the very beginning TunnelBear VPN had servers in 9 countries only.
However, in the course of time, TunnelBear VPN has expanded its horizons. As for December 2017 there are 20 countries that collaborate with TunnelBear.
Thus, its servers are located in:
- Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK,)
- Oceania (Australia)
- Asia (Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore,)
- North America (Canada, Mexico, the USA)
- South America (Brazil)
The functionality of TunnelBear for users
TunnelBear’s creative media makes even the most technology challenged individuals feel right at home when they use this simple software.
They are, however much more than just easy since they also boast with some of the highest security protocols and offer fantastic connectivity speed so you can continue with all your online activities without feeling restricted in the least of ways.
The website has a fantastic and simple layout so you will find your way to valuable information easily and the software is incredibly simple to set up. This is a perfect solution to VPN clients who aren’t that good with the technicalities of the internet.
Top Security and Privacy for this simple VPN
TunnelBear provides a 128bit Open USA VPN free with added benefits when you subscribe to a higher package.
IPSec protocols are used for iOS devices and TunnelBear uses shared IPs that protects you while you surf the internet.
They do not have a no-logs policy, but you can have a look at their PP to see what information they collect and the reasons they collect this information and it is mostly info that cannot be held against you, should you come under investigations from cyber police. All in all, TunnelBear provides great security at an affordable rate.
TunnelBear’s support team
You couldn’t be more wrong if you think that a free or affordable service like TunnelBear lacks in the support service.
They have a basic, but great help forum that you can check out to get some basic questions answered as well as an email support team that will get back to you within 24 hours to get you the help that you need if you are suddenly struggling with your software or have any account inquiries.
The support team is not the fastest, but definitely offers great service to those who are in need.
TunnelBear’s Terms of Usage
When speaking about information collected by the company, you might have already known that many VPN companies, as well as other web-based services collect different data for their business needs. The company is stated to collect the minimal amount of information, which is necessary for service maintenance.
So, if backing to private data gathered and saved by the company, it includes your authentic email, Twitter ID (in case you use the Twitter promo).
If talking about operational data, it contains:
- OS version, which is used by the company for your support and dealing with operation troubles.
- The service’s app version, which is applied for your support and solving some tech problems.
- A current month activity, which is needed for network demand planning and customer support.
- A total amount of data used per a month (bandwidth), which is required by the company for granting free user data and service’s improvement.
Facility to pay with Bitcoin
Being afraid of banking data collecting you need to learn that the service offers its customers to pay with the help of Bitcoin, which eliminates banking data collection, as it happens in case with credit cards.
When paying for the service with credit card, the company saves your last name, date of the card usage, and last 4 numbers of the card. So, being a privacy concerned customer you can see the data is pretty full-length. However, to keep your payment information secured, TunnelBear has assured to save no complete credit card numbers. Besides, the company is known to work only with PCI compliant payment processor.
Info kept by TunnelBear
The service can be stated as highly credible, as long as it doesn’t store IPs of the official website visitors’, IPs upon service connections, any personified information on its customers when using the service.
Moreover, if you have some questions about your private information usage, you need to contact the support team and learn all the nuances. What is more, the company says to share NO information with any commercial third parties under any circumstances. However, being involved with any criminal activity and fitting under Canadian legislation, the company can be obliged to share the private information stored on the servers.
TunnelBear’s extensions and additional features
⇒ TunnelBear for Chrome and Opera
Providing that your browsing and physical locations are tracked, you can download the extension for putting it in your browser and making all your confidential data and true location protected from adversaries, ISPs, as well as from malicious or unreliable mirror websites.
Bonuses you achieve:
- The tool presents a lightweight software specially created for your more convenient operation;
- You will manage browse privately within seconds, as the tool is user-friendly and easy to set up;
- The tool has VPN-like functions, however, it’s primary goal is to make all your generated web browser data encrypted;
- The app is compatible with any OS. The only thing you should bear in mind is that it’s been created from Chrome and Opera browsers only;
- The company assures the app is as simple as bear can run it.
The latest update of the extension is dated back to May 26, 2017.
Besides, the service is being continually improved by the company and today it offers TunnelBear for Teams.
If you need to make your team members absolutely protected when accessing a corporate network, you are offered to subscribe for the team package of the service. Being turned on the VPN protects your network with AES-256 bit encoding and your authentic address can be switch to any of the offered locations.
You can entrust your online business protection to the service, as it offers the best protection for your team:
- Remote and travelling employees will be able to connect to your corporate network without any fear of being hacked or interfered;
- The company offers global quality assurance testing;
- The app offers gathering competitive intelligence;
- It helps you conduct marketing research, as well as accessing geo-blocked business apps.
What is more, any of your business employees can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously. As well as for all the main service’s packages, the company offers 20+ geo-locations for your business connection including the most popular, such as the UK, the US, Germany, Canada, Australia, etc.
Besides, the extension is provided with round-the-clock priority custom support. In order to subscribe for the package you need to get in touch with TunnelBear company and send a confirmation form:
Your first name, company name and email address are required for the form confirmation. You can also supply it with enumeration of all your needs, such as protocols in use, server locations, number of connectable devices and employees, and etc.
So, TunnelBear VPN is a fast-developing company, which offers a great variety of main and additional features that are of a high use for average and advanced customers. With the service usage you will be able to make your network protected, as well as boosted in operation and speed. All the additional information you can achieve from the official website or while getting in touch with the company’s support team. Having armed your network with the top-notch solution, you will achieve all the most in-demand possibilities and make your web experience defended.
TunnelBear’s purchase process
You can simply download the secure VPN software to your device and give the free version a try. If you would like to extend your services then you will do a full online application and make a payment so you can enjoy unlimited downloads on a secure VPN. The software is incredibly easy to install and will provide you with the full protection that you need for all your online activities.
On which platforms does TunnelBear work?
You can download TunnelBear VPN for Mac, Windows, Linux as well as some mobile devices such as Android and iOS. The software is simple, user friendly and provides you with great functionality.
Conclusions on TunnelBear
TunnelBear’s VPN download is available completely free and the free service for up to 500mb per month provides users with the unique opportunity to test the software before they sign up for a long term commitment.
TunnelBear may not allow P2P, but is still a great secure network that will keep your confidential information completely safe and your online activities confidential despite the fact that the packages are incredibly low.
- Broad diversity of server locations
- Desktop clients and VPN apps
- Discount is available
- User-friendly interface
- 5 devices per 1 account
- Reliable AES 256-bit ciphering
- Slow speed when connected to some servers
- Limits for a free TunnelBear version
- P2P is NOT allowed