The situation on the Internet is far from being benign these days. Now more than ever, individual users should take steps to gain control over their online anonymity and security. A technology that is able to protect sensitive data against leakage and stealing is a must for every cautious user.
However, how to know that this or that VPN provider has your interests at heart? Is it trustworthy and reliable? Does it make money from selling your personal information or not? We’re ready to answer all these questions! Let’s see if VPNShazam is a provider you need for 2018.
- Tariffs and prices of VPNShazam
- Info on servers in different countries
- Security and Privacy
- Support service
- Client Account procedures
- IP Leak test and speed test for VPNShazam
- Functions of VPNShazam
- Summary for VPNShazam review
There’re two main plans are available. Each of them can be paid for monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually, or even biennially. Let’s cover the tariffs in detail:
- Turbo Dynamic VPN. If you want your computer will get a new IP address every time you log in, this plan is just what you need. Dynamic IPs minimize the threats to information and allow you to stay anonymous while surfing the Net. The price of the tariff depends on the period of time you want it. The most profitable option is to pay for 2 years ($4.16 per month).
- Turbo Dynamic + Dedicated IP gives an access to all VPNShazam servers and offers a faster connection. Here is the list of all advantages of the tariff. The price is $12.45 if paying every month. You can also save money with a biennially account: $5.66 per month.
Moreover, the provider offers a secret deal currently. It is only $2.70 per month.
We were satisfied to learn that the provider offers such a huge list of payment methods. Have a look:
- Perfect Money;
- BTC, LTC, ETH, BCH;
- Coins Payment;
- Skrill (MoneyBookers);
As for free trials or a free version, the VPN doesn’t offer any. If you want to receive a refund, you must fill your request within 7 days from the date of purchasing.
The amount of VPNShazam servers is really impressive. The server park consists of 1,800+ locations. The provider owns over 300K IP addresses around the globe. All of them can be used for bypassing geo-restricted content. You also have a possibility to change your location wherever you want.
Some of the VPNShazam servers:
- The UK;
- The USA;
- and many more.
On the official website of the provider, it’s noted that:
“Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.”
A no-logging policy is the number one thing a prudent netizen should look for. It is vital as the main aim of using a VPN is to stay private on the World Wide Web.
Protocols and encryption matter as well. It is convenient that the app allows choosing any protocol you wish. However, we’ve failed to find out what encryption the provider uses.
There are two ways to contact the VPNShazam team: leave them a message via a pop-up or submit an open ticket on their official website. Unfortunately, there is no such option as a live chat.
We also should mention that the official website itself is rather informative, you can read their blog and find a lot of useful information.
Many modern VPN providers offer customers convenient and user-friendly applications. VPNShazam is not an exception. If you have decided to set up it on your desktop or mobile gadget, you will hardly face any problems.
You need to download the app on your device. The process of installation is quite simple and begins automatically.
Enter your password and username which you’ve received after paying for the provider.
However, some savvy internet users prefer to configure VPNs manually. They consider that this kind of setting is more reliable and secure. If you feel that way, read how to do this for your device.
As you have might already noticed from the screenshot above, we’ve connected to the server in Amsterdam (The Netherlands). We were pleasantly surprised by the speeds. They are really awesome, just have a look:
(Speeds with VPNShazam)
(speeds without the VPN)
As for the IP Leak Test, it is also successful:
VPNShazam is available for almost all popular platforms: Mac, iOS (iPad, iPhone), Android, Windows (XP, Vista, 7,8,10), Linux and routers (Asus, Tomato, DD-WRT, TP-Link). However, the app runs only on Windows and Android.
VPNShazam was established in 2009. It’s located in Palestine. The VPNShazam team is doing business development between the USA, Palestine and China. They offer a wide range of useful features:
- 5 multi-logins. You can use 5 devices simultaneously with only one account. It allows you to protect almost all your home and mobile gadgets.
- P2P allowed. Not all VPN servers support torrenting. If your main aim is to stay safe while downloading torrent files, this VPN is exactly what you need.
- Port Forwarding. A perfect feature for connecting to a server within a private local-area network.
- Remote access. A lot of customers use VPNs for bypassing geo-restrictions. With the help of the best VPN provider, you can connect to a data-processing system from a remote location and unblock any content you wish.
- Unlimited download, etc.
VPNShazam is a good VPN for preventing data leaks on public Wi-Fi, unblocking restricted websites and downloading torrent files. The speeds of the VPN is almost similar to those that you can find in our Webroot WiFi Security review. Moreover, the provider owns more than 16 servers in the USA. It means that you can access all content of Netflix, Hulu, Foxtel Play, BBC iPlayer wherever you are.
Have you decided worth VPNShazam buying or not? Then have a look at its main cons and pros to make up your mind.
Pros of VPNShazam:
- Torrenting is allowed;
- No logs;
- 5 simultaneous connections;
- Up-to-date protocols;
- 24/7 customer support;
- Large server park.
Cons of VPNShazam:
- No Kill Switch;
- It’s unclear what encryption the VPN uses;
- Low upload speed