As soon as the Snowden’s leaks surfaced, the US and other countries citizens precipitated themselves into a struggle against the abuse of their rights for freedom on the internet, right for speaking out and using any service you wish. Although the revelation has evoked many disputes over privacy vs. anti-terrorism efforts, the citizens believe that their civil liberties are above all things. According to the latest research of the sphere of citizens online lives monitoring, 57% of the citizens regard it unacceptable to monitor the online activities, 60% of American leaders see it acceptable, but what is even more interesting, 82% of terrorism suspect regard it acceptable as well. While the statisticians keep count average data, ordinary internet user should take care of his/her online protection. One of the most effective methods is to apply a good VPN service for your device. There are multiple products on the internet and one of them is TUVPN.
The service provides two kinds of packages.
Shared IP VPN plans, which are to meet all customers’ demands:
- 1 Month costs $9.95 per month. The package includes OpenVPN, SSH2, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP support, limitless traffic, access to servers in 9 countries, 7-day money back guarantee.
- 3 Months cost $24.95 per three months. The package includes OpenVPN, SSH2, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP support, limitless traffic, access to servers in 9 countries, 7-day money back guarantee. Besides, 17% are saved on monthly price.
- 6 Months cost $44.95 per six months. The package includes OpenVPN, SSH2, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP support, limitless traffic, access to servers in 9 countries, 7-day money back guarantee. Besides, 34% are saved on monthly price.
Moreover, the service provider offers a Dedicated IP VPN plans in Amsterdam (the Netherlands), Dallas (the US), Erfurt (Germany), Gravelines (France), London (the UK), Madrid (Spain), Montreal (Canada), and Stockholm (Sweden):
- 1 Month costs $14.95 per month. The package includes OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP support, limitless traffic, access to a selected server with your own IP, 7-day money back guarantee.
- 3 Months cost $36.95 per three months. The package includes OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP support, limitless traffic, access to a selected server with your own IP, 7-day money back guarantee. Besides, 17% are saved on monthly price.
- 6 Months cost $67.95 per six months. The package includes OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP support, limitless traffic, access to a selected server with your own IP, 7-day money back guarantee. Besides, 34% are saved on monthly price.
Still, some VPN providers, like CyberGhost, offer far longer periods for money refunds.
But remember that having subscribed for shared IP plan, you will be given a public IP, which is shared with numerous customers.
The plan can be ordered and paid with credit card, PaySafeCard, or Bank Transfer. Your discount code can be used for a payment reduction.
The service provides a pretty small choice of server locations in 9 countries. There are such cities as Amsterdam (the Netherlands), Milan (Italy), Munich (Germany), Gravelines (France), London (the UK), Madrid (Spain), Moscow (Russia), Stockholm (Sweden), and Seattle, Washington (the USA). Nevertheless, if the locations are enough for you, the service is good for protection and to hide your IP address. The servers are constantly being added to the network.
With a pretty good choice of countries, you are able to avoid any geo-restrictions of these countries. So, having access to the internet through Erfurt, for instance, you will use the network as if you were physically there.
All internet traffic you generate or download is encrypted with the help of up-to-date VPN protocols. Therefore, it seems to be impossible to reveal the content or read the traffic. Moreover, P2P is allowed for TUVPN customers.
Identity thieves and computer fraudsters are stated to be harmless with TUVPN. Your identity is protected by public or personified VPN IP. Neither your ISP nor any other adversary will be able to monitor your online activities and read your traffic. The service uses OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP for creating a highly-defensive tunneling passing through which all your traffic gets encrypted.
TUVPN provider collects the following personal data:
- Name and surname
- Financial information
On the data protection policy of the provider it is noted that: “All of your support communication is personally processed and stored indefinitely. These logs should not, but occasionally might contain your personal data.”
If you have some difficulties with the VPN service, there is a support center. A support ticket system is utilized for customer’s convenience. Thus each request is supplied with a unique number by which you can trace your question from the line. Total achieves of each customer’s questions are provided for better work. For forming a new ticket, you need to fill in your real email and the body of the question. By choosing a high priority you enhance your chances to receive a soon answer.
- In order to create a new account, one should first register on the official website of the provider and pay for the service. After paying, logging and passwords for VPN will be available in My service area.
- Then, it is needed to download the software from the main page (we used OpenVPN VPN as this protocol is considered to be one of the most robust and reliable). To set up OpenVPN client, just follow the steps of the installer.
- Choose a server you want to connect. We have decided to try the server in the Netherlands:
- Right-click to the needed country and click “Connect”. That’s it now we’re browsing the Internet from the Netherlands.
Now we are browsing the Internet from the Netherlands. Let’s check our VPN connection for IP and DNS leaks. We’ve tested two TUVPN servers: in the Netherland and the UK. Here are our results:
As you can see, there were no IP leaks detected. However, while testing these TUVPN servers, DNS leaks were noticed. Now, have a look at speed test results. Actually, they are not bad. If compare our speeds without the VPN connection and with TUVPN on, they weren’t reduced significantly. The first screenshot shows our speeds without TUVPN, the second – with TUVPN located 1700km away from us.
The VPN is compatible with multiple popular platforms such as Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, and Linux. By the way, you can check if TuVPN is among the best VPN software for Mac in our special rating.
TUVPN is one of the reliable services presented for your attention. The service provides access to 9 countries and the network is being extended. What is for security methods, the company uses up-to-date OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP for encrypting all your generated and downloaded traffic. If you have some problems with the service operation or settings, there is a professional assistance you can get with the help of the ticket system. Besides, the company offers a 7-day money back guarantee, which is acceptable for both shared IP VPN plans and Dedicated IP plans. So, having found the server locations useful for you, you can subscribe for the VPN and experience internet freedom.
As for the disadvantages of the provider, DNS leaks were detected and the VPN does not offer live chat that is usually the most convenient for contacting the VPN team. Have a look at the pros and cons of TUVPN in brief.
- Fast connection speeds;
- Reliable encryption;
- Compatible with all popular platforms;
- Money-Back Guarantee;
- Allows torrenting.
- Limited server park;
- DNS Leaks;
- No live chat.