Website blocking which is based on national internet censorship has grown nowadays. One of the most notorious ones that took place recently is banning of Telegram messenger in Russia.
VPN services like RocketVPN make it possible to unblock telegram in Russia and other websites which might be unavailable in some regions.
Today we’ll get to know if RocketVPN is worth trying for accessing geo-restricted content and private surfing on the network.
Today you’ll know the following about RocketVPN:
- Tariffs and prices of RocketVPN
- Functions of RocketVPN
- Servers of RocketVPN
- Security and privacy
- Support service
- Client Account procedures
- RocketVPN tests
The provider of RocketVPN has 4 plans to choose from: 1-month, 3-month, 6-month and 12-month periods. How much do the plans cost?
- If you need a RocketVPN for 1 month, it will cost you $4.99 to subscribe for this period.
- A 3-month package is paid every quarter ($13.99) and can be prolonged every three months.
- In case you don’t like to renew monthly subscriptions, 6 months and 12 months are quite suitable for you as you can both save a bomb and use RocketVPN for a long period of time. Their prices are $19.90 and $29.90 consequently.
Besides, a VPN provider often has promo days with a 1-month free trial according to promo-codes. At the moment they suggest newcomers to take advantage of the promo-code ‘’телеграм” which grants every new subscriber 1month free of charge.
To order the services of RocketVPN you will have to pay either with your Visa or Master card. Moreover, one can take use of ‘’Яндекс.Деньги’’ (Yandex. Money), which is a popular e-payment system in Russia.
Unfortunately, the provider of RocketVPN doesn’t accept cryptocurrency (it is considered to be the most private payment way, read here why).
Your successful secure and private internet activity will depend on the set of functions offered by your VPN provider.
What about Rocket VPN? What can you do having it on your device?
☀ Access to blocked sites
It is enough to configure your devices one time and you will be able to unblock geo-restricted sites and services. You will need to get connected to one RocketVPN’s servers and hide your true IP address.
☀ Private internet surfing
As it was mentioned above, with Rocket VPN you can change your real IP address, thus making yourself invisible for ISPs, snoopers and other third party agencies that might monitor you online.
☀ Simultaneous connections on several devices
It’s so convenient if you can subscribe for a VPN service and take use of it on all your devices without extra subscriptions. Having subscribed for RocketVPN, you can install it on 5 devices per one account.
☀ Wide choice of secure VPN connections
No matter what device you have, multiple data transfer protocols supported by RocketVPN are important for your confidentiality on the network.
Learn what protocols are supported by RocketVPN in Security and Privacy section of the review.
☀ Fast speeds of internet connections
RocketVPN’s servers are located in different countries, so you can try many of them choose the ones which are the fastest for you.
Learn more in what countries RocketVPN has its servers in Servers of RocketVPN section of the review.
☀ Anonymous torrenting
Due to the fact that RocketVPN allows P2P connections, its users may download torrents via the servers of RocketVPN in an anonymous way.
It’s worth noting that the server park of this VPN provider is not very rich and there are servers only in 7 countries: the USA, Singapore, Germany, India, the Netherlands, China and Russia. Similar VPN providers offer much more servers even for lower prices per months.
Still, some American sites can be unblocked with the help of this VPN. If you are in Russia, you can also try it for unblocking Telegram messenger as well. (If you read our article about Telegram, you know that Telegram is banned by Roscomnadzor, and VPN providers are obliged to block access to it. Still, RocketVPN ensures that it’s possible to unblock it with their service).
RocketVPN service supports several VPN protocols which protect your internet connections against hacking attacks: PPTP (standard one, not strong enough), L2TP and OpenVPN. The last one is the best protocols supported by VPN services.
We failed to find information about RocketVPN logging policy on the website, which is usually published by most of the VPN providers. But we contacted their support service and asked them if they keep any logs. As you can see on the screenshot, the provider promises not to keep user logs.
One of the biggest advantages of RocketVPN is the possibility to contact support specialists via online chat. Replies are received in a few minutes. Well-done!
In order to start using RocketVPN you will have to follow these steps:
- Go to the official website and register there. Unfortunately, the site is available only in Russian, so you have to know the Russian language a little bit.
- You need to create a login and password (see the screenshot below).
- Then you will be sent a letter with the link for activating of your account. You are to type in the code from the letter.
- After the registration is confirmed, you will be redirected to your personal account.
- You can pay from your client area (Cards and Yandex. Money are accepted).
- If you have a promo-code, you may activate your free trial with it.
- Then you can download the client app from there.
- Setup process is quick and easy, just several clicks and it is ready for usage. To get connected to RocketVPN, see the screenshot below: select the country and connect.
RocketVPN is off
RocketVPN is on (best location)
RocketVPN is on (American server)
RocketVPN is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and can be configured on routers. The setup instructions are provided on the website. If you need assistance in configuring your router for RocketVPN, you need to contact their assistance via email.
So RocketVPN has both pros and cons and here it the list of them:
RocketVPN pros and cons
✔ Easy setup
✔ Good online support
✔ OpenVPN is available
✔ 5 simultaneous connections
⌦ No site version in English
⌦ Few VPN locations (7 countries only)