Today every cautious person is looking for a perfect VPN to protect his or her data on the Internet. It seems netizens’ sensitive information has never been so vulnerable as it is now. Having a reliable VPN provider is vital for anonymous surfing.
In this regard, we offer you to read our PotentVPN review. You’ll learn the main advantages and disadvantages of the provider, its tariff plans, setup process and many others:
- Tariffs and prices of PotentVPN
- PotentVPN Servers
- Security and Privacy of PotentVPN
- Support service of PotentVPN
- Setup of PotentVPN
- IP Leak test and speed test for PotentVPN
- Features of PotentVPN
- Summary for PotentVPN review
PotentVPN offers 5 diverse tariffs. Actually, they all have the same features. We’re going to cover them in the next sections.
Let’s have a look at prices of PotentVPN tariffs:
VPN monthly: If you prefer to pay for a service every month, this plan is exactly what you need. It costs $3.50.
VPN Quarterly: This tariff allows saving $0.50 per month. For 3 months of PotentVPN, you’ll pay $9.00.
Semi-Annually: 6 months of PotentVPN usage will cost you $17.00. It’s less than $3.00 per month.
Annually: $2.50 per month is the price for the One-Year tariff of PotentVPN. To get such an affordable price, you will have to pay $30.00 in advance.
Economy VPN: The most economical tariff, as it’s clear from its name. It will cost you only $60.00 per 5 years.
Free Tariff: In addition to paid plans, PotentVPN allows customers to try the service for free. In fact, it is not completely free of charge. It costs 1 $ for 8 days. The tariff is limited in the number of servers and offers only 2 simultaneous connections. In fact, this free plan is a nice choice for those who don’t sure about the service and just want to test it.
PotentVPN accepts PayPal, Perfect money, Bitcoin and Webmoney. However, the provider advises paying for the service with Perfect money or Bitcoin. These methods will allow you to stay 100% anonymous while paying for the VPN.
The number of servers is extremely important if you’re going to use a VPN for avoiding geo-blocking. Can you imagine that over 60% of people live in the countries where content on the Internet is restricted?
PotentVPN claims that it owns 18 servers worldwide. However, the information about the servers differs on the official website from page to page. On the main page the following servers are enumerated:
the USA (New York, Texas, Carolina, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles);
Europe (England, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Germany, the Netherlands);
Asia (Russia, UAE);
P2P connections are allowed on England, the Netherlands, France, Canada servers.
Security and privacy are the number one things a customer is looking for while using a VPN. We’ve found out the following information for you:
- PotentVPN doesn’t keep any logs. The only information the provider knows about their customers is e-mail addresses and usernames.
- PotentVPN supports IKEv2, PPTP, IPSec, OpenVPN, Cisco VPN protocols. The provider advises IKEv2 for Windows, IOS and Android. The main features of IKEv2 protocol are high speeds and 2024-bit encryption.
- PotentVPN uses 4096 bit RSA key size, AES-256-CBC Data Channel, HMAC SHA1 Control Channel.
In case you will face some problems with PotentVPN, contact their support service. There are several possible variants to do this. The first one is to write an e-mail.
You can also write your questions or fill in the open ticket on the official website of the VPN.
PotentVPN is a cross-platform service. It runs on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS and Linux. Moreover, you can set up PotentVPN on a modern router. The official website of PotentVPN gives detailed information about how to set up a VPN on your device.
Let’s have a look if PotentVPN is the best VPN provider for Windows 7. We’ve configured PotentVPN manually. Have a look:
- Go to “Start” and click on the “Control Panel”:
- Find “Network and Internet”:
- Click on “View network status and tasks”:
- Click on “Set up a new connection or network”:
- Tap “Connect to a workplace” and click “Next”:
- To create a VPN connection, click on “Use my Internet connection (VPN)”:
- Now you have to type “Internet address”. Fill in one of the addresses you’ve purchased. For example:
- Then you are to fill in your username and password that were sent to you by the provider.
- The last step. On the bottom right corner of the screen, right click on the “Connections”, find “PotentVPN” and click on “Properties”. Have a look if you have the following options:
Note: You can select “PPTP” or recommended “IKEv2” type of VPN instead of “Automatic”.
As you can see, the process is not so difficult. However, neither fast nor convenient. It would be better for PotentVPN to provide customers with applications. Actually, an application for Windows is mentioned on their official website. However, we failed to find it.
As you may have noticed, we’ve connected to the server in New York. Let’s test it for IP leaks.
Luckily, IP Leak test is successful:
But what are speed test results? Let’s see.
Here are our speeds with PotentVPN:
The speeds without the VPN connection:
However, 20.70Mbps are enough for downloading torrent trackers and watching movies online, not speaking about regular surfing the Internet.
Every paid tariff comes with the following features:
- 5 simultaneous connections. It is really convenient when a provider gives a possibility to protect more than one device. PotentVPN offers 5 multi logins, it will allow you to keep in safety 5 your home or mobile devices.
- Unlimited switching. Once you pay for a PotentVPN plan, you will get access to more than 18 servers. You can switch them countless times wherever you want.
- Unlimited bandwidth means that you can upload or download as much data as you want in a certain period of time.
Unfortunately, we haven’t found any information about a Kill Switch function and DNS or IP leak protection.
There were a lot of cases of data leakage in 2018. Our aim is to help you to find your perfect VPN for secure Internet connection. Is PotentVPN a good choice for this? Let’s see.
In general, PotentVPN is not bad VPN. We haven’t noticed any IP leaks while testing it. Moreover, the speeds of PotentVPN are quite high and they are appropriate for torrenting or watching shows online. Despite these advantages, the provider leaves much to be desired in terms of the number of servers and the process of configuration. The fact that PotentVPN doesn’t offer any applications makes the process of installation and usage inconvenient.
To make the long story short, have a look at the main advantages and disadvantages of PotentVPN in brief:
- No IP leaks were revealed;
- No logs;
- Bitcoin as a payment method;
- Robust protocols and encryption;
- 5 multi-logins.
- No kill Switch;
- No DNS Leak protection;
- No apps for platforms;
- A limited number of servers;
- No refund.