As it has been stated before, the service is eager to come up with innovative ideas and features. Overall speed is really good if compare it with many other VPN outputs in the business today. It provides excellent security as well if that’s what you are concerned about.
Since it is based in such country as Hungary, you don’t need to worry about the restrictions in your country. But there are things which are not too sure about. Since they are a new player in the business (Buffered VPN appeared on the market in 2013), they have to go a long way.
The inexperience shows at times. At the moment, they don’t provide support for Android devices. Even though they provide quality client support, the customers are not too impressed with the quality of the service. Even though Buffered.com is in its early stages, the potential they hold can be seen by you.
Tariffs and prices
As far as tariffs and prices are concerned, they are not too different from other companies in the sphere of business today. They have a fixed price for the monthly subscription. If you are looking for a discount, then you should subscribe for longer periods. For example, a 1 year subscription will help to save so much money. Overall the pricing is very average. It is neither overpriced nor cheap. If you are quality conscious, then you will find their pricing attractive as they provide good quality as well. Without any doubt, they provide great value for your money.
⇒ Monthly plan costs $12,99 per month and billed monthly.
⇒ 13 Month Special incl. 1 Free Month costs $7.65 per month. This plan offers 1 month for free and allows saving 41%.
⇒ Bi-Annual plan costs $9,99 per month and billed monthly and $59, 94 per 6 months. Hence, a customer subscribed for the package saves 23% of the total amount.
The process of ordering is pretty easy and is to be highlighted further. All the plans include the same possibilities:
- 24/7 technical group support.
- Fast services in 46 countries.
- Security and encryption of the highest level.
- Limitless bandwidth and server switches.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
Info on servers
Not long ago, the company offerred servers in more than 36 countries but the network is being constantly widened while adding new locations to it. Update: by this moment, Buffered VPN can offer their client more server locations that it has been before. The number of countries Buffered VPN’s servers are situated is 40.
As a result, the VPN is able to provide excellent speed and connectivity to most of the customers all over the world. And today they are one of the fastest growing networks in the business today. It has high speed servers in all the important regions across the world.
In addition, limitless bandwidth and server choice offered by the provider allows five simultaneous connections from any parts of the world. Besides, any client can pass an opinion on new server locations addition, so that you can let the administrators know where you would like to see a server and your desire will be heart.
Being a Hungary based VPN is a big advantage. In that case, you don’t have to worry about the jurisdictions of the UK and the US which are believed to be not good for VPN providers due to data retention laws. Well, if you don’t know, the EU has recently declared that data retention is not required by the internet service providers. Well, that means Hungary can provide maximum privacy for their customers all over the world, so that your privacy will be protected from interferences.
The VPN impresses you very quickly without any doubts. The feature called discovery, which is very useful in breaking the firewalls of Wi-Fi connections that are password protected, can be used by you as a beneficial addition. How does it manage to do that? It simply finds open ports and utilizes them. As long as ports are open, you can break into password protected Wi-Fi connections with the help of this feature and it is indeed a great feature.
5 simultaneous connections
Connecting via the servers in 40 countries
- As they claim on the website, Buffered VPN uses 256 –bit data encryption which is considered to be of military grade.
24/7 customer support
- Online chat is a good feature for a VPN service as it is always far more convenient to get assistance online.
- It is a pity that they don’t have a free trial to testify the VPN app before subscribing, but they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the service. It is worth noticing that you should follow the term to refund money: 100 sessions, 10 hours of sessions and 10 GB of bandwidth.
Security and privacy
Buffered.com understands the significance of privacy and security for an internet user in the modern world. If compared with other VPNs, insecure L2TP and PPTP protocols are not supported by the VPN, as, according to the company, any traffic in transit needs thorough encryption while hiding customers’ authentic addresses. While using OpenVPN suggested by Buffered VPN, your ISP will see it as if you are browsing HTTPS websites.
Any of your online activities are stated not to be logged by the provider, which makes the service reliable. Therefore, you can browse the internet without the fear of privacy violations.
Frequently asked questions
Firstly, supporting articles are offered by the company from where any customer can learn about ‘how to setup Buffered VPN on Windows 10’ and etc. Secondly, the useful sections such as ‘getting started’ where any potential client can find answers to some common questions like ‘can’t access Netflix’; ‘setup tutorials’ where useful instructions are enumerated; ‘errors’ in case if some errors prevent you from using the VPN freely and ‘logs’ section.
Besides, the company has 24/7 live (human) support by using which you can get a professional assistance in different questions.We have personally asked a few questions and in less than a couple of minutes we received the answer.
‘’Contact us’’ form
In order to send your message, you need to choose a subject of your question and fill in your name, email address and the body of your question. The ticketing mechanism on their website works fast, as responses are got in less than 2 hours’ time, which is very good.
The singing-up process is really fast and easy. There is nothing complicated about that, as it won’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Having chosen a plan, you can rush to further actions without any doubts as the service has 30 days guarantee.
- After that you will be asked to fill in your name, email and a desired password. What is more, all the data is stated to be safe and secured from any prying eyes. What is for the name, you are free to choose any nick you like.
- The payment is fulfilled through a secure payment page where you can choose from different methods like credit cards, PayPal, etc. And be sure you have read and understood the terms of usage.
We have already mentioned that it supports platforms like Windows, Linux and Mac. Android OS is also compatible with Buffered VPN, but special app hasn’t been developed yet. Still, you may configure OpenVPN manually onto Andorid device (there detailed guides on the website in FAQ section or you can ask a specialist via online chat.) Since it comes with an OpenVPN configuration file, you will be able to apply it for any other device. As far as the speed is concerned, we got the same speed performance on all devices. It’s a highly recommended private VPN service, which can become a fortune finding for those who need multiple devices connection.
Does the service store any data?
The company assures its customer to store no logging data. Moreover, personal data of a client can be required in case it’s needed for affirmative action. All the information required from you while subscribing for the service should be given voluntarily. You may be asked to give your name, phone number, phone address, email.
When visiting the website the company can store some information like your IP address, OS, browser type, and even your common internet usage. The information stored in this way is stated not to be mixed up with the personal data you shared with the company. All the gathered data is used for providing the company information about user activity, and find out some potential errors and enhance the service.
Providing that the government’s legislation (where server is placed) doesn’t foresee a longer period of data storage, all the personal information that is collected on you will be recorded on the servers for a period equal to your subscription. However, the data stored on the website visitors is saved for a year period. Any of the collected data is not transferred to unauthorized parties or sold. Unfortunately, the sentence doesn’t exclude its transferring on the whole.
On the whole, the service is highly recommended as one of the top-notch web protective solutions.
Buffered VPN’s Terms of Service
Before making up a subscription for any of the VPN services you need to read all the terms of services attentively for not to get into a marketing trap.
Buffered VPN is one of the most custom-oriented services of those offered on the market today. The company is registered in Hungary and undergoes Hungarian laws and legislation. Having read all the terms of services, but not found answers to your questions you have a possibility to contact the support team via the official email posted on the website to learn all the details first hand.
By using the Buffered VPN proprietary software you agree on all the conditions the company offers to its customers. The company has designed a list of rules you have to follow in case you become their client:
- All the registration data you provide should be complete and true.
- You should be legally allowed for entering the Buffered VPN network and service.
- Providing you subscribe for the service on the part of a company (organization, enterprise, business team), you agree to act on the part of the company you represent.
- While using the service you agree on acting in compliance with all the active rules and laws being off effect in your country.
- You agree to pay all the subscription fees in advance.
- You agree on the rule to keep all your confidential data, such as account credentials secret and don’t disclose them to any interested third party, friends or relatives.
- You also assure the company to prevent any unauthorized and unregistered access to your VPN account.
- In compliance with some Hungarian laws, the provider has a possibility to block or suspect, close any account in case your actions contradict the governmental laws.
When talking about data privacy, the following data is to be saved on you, as a client of Buffered VPN customer:
- All the registration data, such as credentials and loggings.
- The amount of traffic being routed through your connected device and a VPN server in use (bandwidth).
- No personal or identifiable information is stored or collected by the company. So, such things as your private chat or websites you use are stated to be unrevealed by the service.
- Some information about the duration of the connection or metadata is to be stored on the clients. However, no activity data is to be included in the information.
- All the information is stored and processed for service improvement no longer than for 30 days.
- All the collected information is stated not to be transferred to any third party or interested representative for sale. However, you know that the provider can be obliged to hand the data in case there is a trial.
Therefore, by using the service you agree on all the conditions and guarantee providing correct information needed during the registration period.
So, if you assure the service is what you need, you should read all the terms of service’s details correctly, as long as we have supplied you with some extracts from the issue.
What we have found out about Buffered VPN
- Buffered VPN is definitely an appropriate solution if you are looking for a reliable logless service.
- The measures of securing your network applied by the company are in step with the times. All your passing traffic is known to be passed through a protective tunneling operating on OpenVPN.
- If passing to server park, the number of countries available for your usage is great enough and, which is more satisfying, it is being constantly enlarged.
- The company is very serious about being an innovative front runner, therefore it accepts any requests from the client towards new locations. And its innovative ideas and features are highly appreciated by the dedicated customers. Overall speed is also really good.
- Since it is located in Hungary, you can use the VPN app without privacy concerns.
- The customer support is really professional as the ready-made articles and answers are of a high assistance for average users. And online help is worthwhile!
Buffered VPN pros
- 30-day money refund
- 40 various countries with VPN servers
- User-friendly apps for Mac, Linux and Windows
- P2P is allowed
- NAT Firewall
- OpenVPN and military grade encryption
- Online chat
- Based in Hungary
Buffered VPN cons
- No free trial
- VPN app for Android OS is unavailable
Our experts are glad to award BufferedVPN for high-potentiality in 2017.Congratulations!