From a user: Can you, please, tell me how to choose a good service for Android system. Also I need to know if I can rely on free VPN service.
Thanks for your question. Let’s start from free services. So, if you run Android system you must be talking about phones or tablets. In this regard it should be mentioned that such devices need additional attention, as due to their portability they change networks very frequently, which influences your defense a lot. For instance, having subscribed for a free service, you might be lack of protection, as phones need some add-ons, such as kill switch and IPSec authorization, to be applied for VPN servers. Otherwise, chances are high that your confidential information will be exposed or leaked.
Therefore, if you need a highly effective service, your task is to look for the best VPN for Android instead of free services. Companies that maintain free service need profit for their business too, but the ways of monetizing are lack of reliability. There are such methods as:
- Pop-ups/Redirections/General Advertisements showing up when you use the service;
- Pre-sell for a Paid VPN service; similar to how you get free apps but have to pay for a paid content if you want to use it without limitations;
- Storing your data, and then selling it.
In any case, provided that you look for a military-state defense, you need to look for a paid service or a cheap one, but beware of free services. So, here are some basic characteristics a good VPN should offer:
- a vast variety of server locations;
- strong encryption protocols;
- unlimited bandwidth;
- trial version or money-back guarantee;
- support of different payment methods;
- 24/7 professional technical group assistance.
Provided that all features are supplied by the service, you can subscribe for it without any hesitations.