As soon as many variants of such devices as iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches have many variants, such system as iOS becomes more and more popular among Apple customers. Although the system is comparatively young, it undergoes multiple online attacks and threats like data leaks, exposure and etc. Many users have already suffered from viruses that have been spread through pirated app stores. So, with desire to protect their confidential data as well as online activity privacy, customers have tend to subscribe for VPNs.
How does a VPN work?
As you know, a VPN helps to shift your virtual location, make all your data encrypted, locked and inaccessible for any prying eyes, and turn your identity to anonymous. Although, VPNs were primarily introduced more than fifteen years ago, they still run PPTP protocol, which became the first protocol used for traffic transferring through a secure tunneling over a private network. So, a lot of water has passed and many new technological decisions have been already implemented into the service. Therefore, it seems to be quite illogical to run a PPTP VPN client for iOS rather than OpenVPN or L2TP. So, if you want to find the best VPN for iOS, you need to pay attention to such characteristics as encryption and protocols. Besides, there is a set of fundamental features a VPN should possess to perform a good operation:
- a vast variety of server locations (the function is needed for those who travel a lot and need to have access to some geo-restricted websites)
- strong encryption protocols (you should pay attention to protocols in use, as it has been already stated before);
- unlimited bandwidth and speed for transferring heavy traffic;
- trial version or money-back guarantee;
- support of different payment methods;
- 24/7 professional technical group assistance.
If you see a VPN service that possesses all the characteristics, this means you have found a worthy company that provides a great service.