When Hotspot Shield was initially developed, it was meant to provide internet security and privacy. It was also meant to deal with internet censorship and bypassing geo-restrictions on online content (for example, some YouTube videos might not be available in your country or area). However, users of this app are coming up with more applications for this app, which is a nice thing. We have recently heard that this app has helped many people in many other countries to gain full internet access despite having limited mobile internet plan.
What are the common factors of those who managed to gain full internet access? Well, let’s take a look. According to what users have been telling, this app has been very helpful in getting more out of their monthly mobile internet plan. However, from what we understand, you need to meet the following criteria for this to work.
• You need to be using an Android device.
• You have activated social data plan.
• You belong to one of these countries – Pakistan, Malaysia, Philippines, Turkey, Colombia, Indonesia, Egypt, India, Mexico or Thailand.
• You are using Hotspot Shield version 3.8.2 or higher.
Previously we mentioned that you need to activate the social data plan. For those who are confused with this, we were referring to any mobile internet plan. Such a plan might give you access to specific apps and websites. To give you an example, in some countries, some of these special plans will allow you to access only few websites like WhatsApp and Facebook.
Step by step instructions
If you want to make the most of this opportunity, here are the step by step instructions that you need to follow to avail this. However, as stated before, you need to have an Android device with a subscription to a social data plan.
• Download Hotspot Shield for free from the Google Play store. However, make sure that you are downloading a version which is 3.8.2 or higher.
• Thereafter, install the app. Installation is not really a difficult step. It should be a really easy thing. Follow the instructions carefully for that.
• Now, turn on the app.
• Now try to access other websites that are not part of your social plan as the social plan meant to give access to only a few sites. When it comes to social plans, you are usually allowed to access few social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp etc. The plan can vary from country to country. It can also depend on the provider.
• Did that work for you? Once, after installing the app, it should definitely work for you if you belong to the aforementioned countries. Once you gain access to it, you will be able to browse all the websites without any restriction. The most important thing is that you will not be spending extra money for internet access at all. Even though this app is meant to provide VPN service to the British citizens living in other countries, you will be surprised to know that it provides a good internet connection as well for free. Only recently users realized this and today everyone is talking about this. What are you waiting for? Make the most of it!