The net seems to be rather dangerous nowadays as many hackers try to exploit into the computer system. In 2016 a record in Cyber attacks was broken and well-known Yahoo! LinkedIn, Tumblr, Ashley Madison and Tesco became its victims. Unfortunately, the number is constantly increasing. Avoiding cyber attacks is not dead easy as hackers can get any data without your permission and then use it for different aims. If a hacker cracks one of your devices the consequences can be crucial for you or your family members. One can’t be sure whether he is hired by a company and the private data is not delivered to it.
The company might use it for getting profit, if it’s a corporate firm. But they may be malicious hackers who are going to use the information against you. That’s why precautionary measures for securing devices play an important role. These recommendations are developed for securing your online digital activity.
- Never turn your privacy settings off Make sure that some strangers can’t intercept your personal details. Many users don’t pay attention to the privacy when sending details about themselves. The data can be used in unimaginable ways. In such social networking websites as Facebook and Instagram tweaking or privacy settings is available. One may use this cool feature that will make online privacy untouched on social media.
- Encrypt the data The contribution of encryption to securing the data is not downplayed now. It keeps it away from hackers’ attacks. Some communication apps, for example, WhatsApp or Telegram employ end-to-end way of encryption. Besides, a VPN provides protection of your work online by means of encoding.
- Think of good passwords If a password is easy to crack, any encryption services cannot protect your data. Creating a strong password is significant for security. A great variety of apps for passwords have been developed. Use the apps to make a password that is difficult to guess. And change your passwords once a week.
- Try to Update your Antivirus. Anti-virus software might stop all the malicious processes, so that your computer will be protected from viruses. Of course, it will not completely save your system, but it can help to detect and remove most malware.
- Use only secure Internet Connection You can’t keep the connection secure, as using public Wi-Fi hackers can exploit into any device that is connected to the hotspot. Use public Wi-Fi as rarely as you can and a VPN for avoiding hacking.
The issue is under discussion now and it’s up to you how to prevent cyber attacks on your computer. But no one wants someone to interfere into a private life. So, if you want your privacy to be untouched follow the tips mentioned above.