Safer Internet Day is celebrated on February 7 every year under the slogan “Be the change: unite for a better Internet”. For this time researchers focus on the problem of safe internet usage by children and necessity of parental control.
The recent request has found that more than quarter of people leave their kids without parental control allowing to browse inappropriate websites that contain graphic violence and ruthlessness. What is more, 24% of kids access the net beyond parents’ vision, thus keeping them unaware of live net activity. In addition, more than half of examined younger generation has social media accounts regardless the fact that they fail to meet age requirements.
Anyway, if you join the ranks of untroubled parents but actually try to control the global net usage, the following tips are just for you:
1. Always select privacy settings.
2. When installing new security keys and resetting questions, think twice and create them incomprehensible for your kids.
3. Create different passwords for each account.
4. Do not keep passwords available for children and never store them on your browser history.
5. Keep your security keys and PINs secret.
6. Never exchange personal info with strangers.
7. Install antimalware software and keep it upgraded in order to protect your devices from viruses coming from the net.
8. Talk with your children and try to be informed about their web activity.
9. Select the best VPN service to browse the web safely and anonymously.
So, observing the tips, you will protect your children from negative external influence and secure home net from malign penetration. Stay protected during Safe Internet Day!