We hasten to let you know that the interview from HideIPVPN has been achieved and is ready to be presented to you. From this discussion you will learn about SoftEtherVPN protocol used by the provider and the enhancements are being developed now. Known as a VPN thoughtful of its customers, HideIP explains in a few bullet points the necessity of VPN service usage.
- Please, introduce yourself and tell us a few words about your company and the service.
- Hi as you can judge by the name we are HideIPVPN. The company was created 8 years ago by group of enthusiasts with strong belief in the right of privacy and anonymity. We have also thought that it is just incorrect to divide the Internet and create artificial borders. We have wanted to run the company and the service that customers can rely on – providing the best possible service and meeting actual customer’s needs. At the same time, we have always aimed at the best customer service as we respect our clients. So, trust, quality and partnership are the main premises of our service.
There is no real HQ of HideIPVPN service. This is one of the benefits of changes to how people recently work. However HideIPVPN is registered as a business entity in the USA and follows all the regulations of the US market. Thanks to that we are not obligated to store customer’s logs.
- Does the phrase “Internet freedom” exist? Has it changed recently?
- Internet freedom is exactly the same thing as freedom in general. It is impossible to detach our real life from a virtual one. And yes, we think there are much more dangers these days that can affect personal freedom. Governments seek more control because of the terrorism. Corporations try to learn about us as much as they can. Different types of thieves (hackers, etc.) who use technology against us threaten our Internet freedom. So, yes… things are changing. People should be aware of all possible dangers and should know there are tools that can help them – like VPN.
- What are the most significant achievements of your VPN Service?
- We have managed to provide great VPN apps to our customers and (we have mentioned that above) we hope we do it truly friendly and flexible. Not that long ago we have managed to upgrade all our VPN servers in order to offer best QoS to all clients regardless of their physical location. Offering free proxy server including Smart DNS plus VPN plan has been also a big step for us. We are one of a few VPN providers who support SoftEther VPN protocol, which is one of the fastest and most encrypted protocols at the moment.
- What is unique about your VPN Service?
- Perhaps it would be cool if you pointed out one specific thing – it is much easier this way to stand out. In our case we think a whole package is simply awesome. Apps, servers, service and our support and relation we have with our customers. All these features allow providing a great service!
- Why should customers choose your VPN Service instead of your competitors?
- I think we have already covered some of that. On the whole, if you want a reliable and fast VPN service, if you do not want to pay for things you will not use and if you always want to know that your service provider is here to help, that you are more than just a credit card you pay with – we should be your choice.
- Which countries in your opinion are the best to connect to in terms of privacy protection?
- Since HideIPVPN was based in the US in our case it does not really matter which VPN server you will use. As we have said above – we are not required to store the logs. And that is true for all our servers.
- Which innovations/new technologies are expected to be in VPN sphere?
-We would expect further advance in the scope of encryption. At the same time VPN itself will probably evolve to be much faster and to consume less CPU power in order to encrypt/decrypt data.
- Do you personally use VPN account? What for?
- Yes, for all connections. Information we exchange with the Internet is our own. It should depend only on us what and with whom we want to share. So, privacy is reason number one. Secondly, I use it for safety. Encrypted connections are always better than unencrypted. You can never be sure if there is someone outside trying to sniff your home Wi-Fi network. Or if you are using public hotspots who and how is administrating it. Simply it is better to be safe than vulnerable. With VPN it is like with antivirus – you use it to minimize potential risks.
- Could you wish anything for the users?
- Well, we rather wish all people would learn about the technology and would consider using a VPN. It does not have to be our output (of course we would prefer to be a No 1 choice) but we think it is better to use any reliable and trustworthy VPN than none.
In very deed, it’s a satisfaction to know that such careful providers do exist. We are of the opinion that the service is worth trying. The protective measures offered by HideIP including SoftEtherVPN protocol and SmartDNS facility applied to the service, command confidence in the effectiveness of the technology.
We wish you every success in your business!