Nowadays, the term “advanced authentication” requires not only for installing a single fool-proof password, but also asking to establish more factors for verifying. What is more, mobile phone designers have seriously considered focusing on reviewing the security policy concerning cloud storages, BYOD managing and smart mobility initiatives. The security concern is attributed to the following reasons:
- overwhelming with password proliferation;
- spreading online portals that are usually dedicated to banking and shopping, expanding traffic volume throwing at social media, and downloading multiple apps make password verification more confusing for customers;
- utilizing poor security mechanisms while designing a mobile device.
Which measures have been usually undertaken to authenticate users?
The common authentication actions involve a PIN number or a private password. In addition, you are able to configure some physical verifications, such as fingerprint confirmation or voice recognition. Conjointly they form a strong authentication mechanism, but it’s quite difficult to keep them together. For example, the smart card can be stolen, key words can be hacked, meanwhile posing risks to the privacy and personal security.
How to strengthen your authentication?
1. Use two-factor authentication for logging.
2. Think about three-factor authentication which is useful for verifying users before connecting to the private net.
3. Depending on the users’ level and their online transactions, the designers need to implement multiple accessing levels that reduces their risks and associated responsibilities.
4. Do not trust cloudy and simple security capabilities.
5. Limit access to apps that demand your geo-location tracking and the device information.
6. Take your behavior into account while utilizing technologies connected to behavioral analysis. As the practice shows, your personal feelings can be monitored and used for malicious purposes.
7. Secure verification measures need to be configured with ongoing operational tools by app developers.
Which additional measures can you initiate?
One of the proven techniques of protecting mobile gadgets from hackers’ attacks is to install a decent VPN service. In the result, you will be free browsing the web, shopping or paying online and at the same time secured from malicious system’s penetrations. This is because of strong encrypting protocols that protect your internet connection and make you real location invisible for all the internet community. There is no doubt that VPN will be your lifesaver for everyday affairs from simple surfing to important sensitive data transferring.