It seems to be quite difficult to become invisible on Facebook. In fact there is a way for solving the problem.
When all the necessary steps are completed, nobody can know your activity on the social network. Moreover, the only thing your friends will be able to look through is your main profile.
Note: it is not necessary to change all the settings on Facebook. You may change what you want.
1. Click the icon “Lock” at the upper right-hand corner, then click “See more settings”.
2. Now you are in “Privacy Settings and Tools”. You should change the point “Who can see my stuff?” into “Only me”.
3. You can restrict access to your previous posts. Find “Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or public”, click “Limit past posts” and confirm the action. Now all the previous posts are available only for your friends.
4. In the point “Who can send you friend requests?” you should change “Everyone” into “Friends of friends”. It helps to reduce the spontaneous requests you receive constantly.
5. If you do not want to be found using your email, you should change the point “Who can look you up using the email address you provided?” from “Everyone” into “Friends”.
6. The same way is suitable if you do not want to be found using your email: “Who can look you up using the phone number you provided?” – “Friends”.
7. If it is inappropriate to be found outside the social network, make sure in the point “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?” there’s no tick “Allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile”.
8. Browse to “Timeline and Tagging Settings” and choose “Only me” at all points except the last one. Here “Who sees tag suggestions when photos that look like you are uploaded?” you should choose “No one”.
9. Do not forget to make “Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline?” and “Review tags people add to your own posts before the tags appear on Facebook?” on.
10. If you do not want to see your posts available for everybody, you should scroll the menu option “Followers” and choose “Who Can Follow Me” – “Friends”.
11. Click the menu option “Ads”. Changing the settings you should choose “Can you see online interest-based ads from Facebook?” – “Off”; “Who can see your social actions paired with ads?” – “No one”.
12. Choose the menu option “Apps” – “Old Versions of Facebook for Mobile” – “Only me”. It helps to make your posts using old Facebook mobile app unavailable for users.